Week 4 other games

Seattleapp
Posts: 1290
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:00 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 3062 times
Been thanked: 841 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by Seattleapp » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:16 pm

AppDub wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:04 pm
Very sad that Ga. State can't get more than 2 dozen fans to come to their games. So glad we have the fans we do.
They may know something we don’t based on how this is starting

AppOrange
Posts: 995
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:28 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh
Has thanked: 739 times
Been thanked: 388 times
Contact:

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by AppOrange » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:27 pm

Georgia St = sieve
1996

bigdaddyg
Posts: 4788
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 1836 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:33 pm

Announcer- Ga State is trending up. I don't speak Millennial much but if you won a bowl game then start 0-3 and your getting your butt handed to you in front of 347 fans isn't that technically trending down?

Yosefus
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:50 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 399 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by Yosefus » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:45 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:33 pm
Announcer- Ga State is trending up. I don't speak Millennial much but if you won a bowl game then start 0-3 and your getting your butt handed to you in front of 347 fans isn't that technically trending down?
Yeah but they have a nice stadium and look good in their blue helmets. So trending up.

User avatar
A2534
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:32 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by A2534 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:56 pm

Shocking how few people are at this game.

BambooRdApp
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 647 times
Been thanked: 1193 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:59 pm

Signs of life
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!

Captain Morgan
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri May 21, 2021 5:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 344 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by Captain Morgan » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:01 pm

man ESPN is giving us the love...just promo'd a halftime segment on our Hail Mary execuction...they had a segment during the pre game show as well.

User avatar
AppDub
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:52 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 251 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by AppDub » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:01 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:16 pm
AppDub wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:04 pm
Very sad that Ga. State can't get more than 2 dozen fans to come to their games. So glad we have the fans we do.
They may know something we don’t based on how this is starting
Very fair point.

WataugaMan
Posts: 3500
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:17 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1058 times
Been thanked: 813 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:22 pm

Is Postal that good or is GaState that terrible?

AppStFan1
Posts: 4042
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 847 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:29 pm

biggie wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:58 pm
Never mind on what I said. GSU not so good currently.
GSU has no pass defense but they have a decent offense and they fight. I feel better about them but we better come out strong. They don't give up easy. WR Robert Lewis is a stud.

CCU is pretty good. They are beatable but they do have some skill guys. On McCall, notice he has a sleeve on the shoulder and pushes the ball? He is very smart and makes some great plays but that shoulder isn't 100%. He is one good hit away from being taken out of a game for good. That #14 Brown is a stud. How did we not offer him?
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yosefus
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:50 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 399 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by Yosefus » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:33 pm

Captain Morgan wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:01 pm
man ESPN is giving us the love...just promo'd a halftime segment on our Hail Mary execuction...they had a segment during the pre game show as well.
Was on ESPN, they did a really good job breaking down the HM and how it was practiced and played to perfection.

Stonewall
Posts: 3603
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1842 times
Been thanked: 1623 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:34 pm

Stole that interception.

User avatar
goapps93
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 555 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by goapps93 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:35 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:29 pm
biggie wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:58 pm
Never mind on what I said. GSU not so good currently.
GSU has no pass defense but they have a decent offense and they fight. I feel better about them but we better come out strong. They don't give up easy. WR Robert Lewis is a stud.

On McCall, notice he has a sleeve on the shoulder and pushes the ball? He is very smart and makes some great plays but that shoulder isn't 100%. He is one good hit away from being taken out of a game for good. That RB #14 Brown is a stud. How did we not offer him?
14 is actually a WR who is filling in as a RB.
WE ARE YOSEF!

bigdaddyg
Posts: 4788
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 1836 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:48 pm

McCall is really good at making those fakes and last second dump passes or pitches. He's tough to totally contain. We should be able to ball control pound both teams and utilize our TE's.

AppStFan1
Posts: 4042
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 847 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:58 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:35 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:29 pm
biggie wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:58 pm
Never mind on what I said. GSU not so good currently.
GSU has no pass defense but they have a decent offense and they fight. I feel better about them but we better come out strong. They don't give up easy. WR Robert Lewis is a stud.

On McCall, notice he has a sleeve on the shoulder and pushes the ball? He is very smart and makes some great plays but that shoulder isn't 100%. He is one good hit away from being taken out of a game for good. That RB #14 Brown is a stud. How did we not offer him?
14 is actually a WR who is filling in as a RB.
I had put RB because I saw him run the ball but I now see he is listed as a WR on their roster. Thank you for catching that. He is talented for sure. I wonder if we recruited him at all or knew about him? He is a really good one. I thought Chadwell had been recruiting pretty well in Florida and Georgia even though we beat him out for guys. They do a good job of hitting on players that use to end up in the SoCon and go to the NFL or CFL.

User avatar
MAD Doctor
Posts: 2219
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 291 times
Been thanked: 1465 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:04 am

UTEP 27
Boise State 10

:o :shock:

User avatar
biggie
Site Admin
Posts: 5913
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Clemmons
Has thanked: 1116 times
Been thanked: 1192 times

Re: Week 4 other games

Unread post by biggie » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:47 am

MAD Doctor wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:04 am
UTEP 27
Boise State 10

:o :shock:
Last I saw it was 10-10. That is a surprising one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”