Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Campbell to join CAA

AppWyo
School: Appalachian State

Campbell to join CAA

Unread post by AppWyo » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:00 am

BambooRdApp

Re: Campbell to join CAA

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:27 am

I like that move given I have one degree from UNCW. Campbell baseball team has been good over part several years.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:29 am

They have all the land in the world to expand but I don't see how they'll get much higher than they are. Having been to baseball camps when I was younger and dating a girl that went to Campbells PT school, Buies Creek is in the middle of absolute nowhere, no idea how they would do recruiting.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:27 pm

They recruit all over. Lots of football players from Florida. Several baseball players from California over the years. When your football coach is a Carolina Panthers legend, recruiting is enhanced. Campbell is only 30-45 minutes from Raleigh. There’s not much of a campus “scene” though so they do have some disadvantages. Facilities are excellent for their level.
WE ARE YOSEF!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:33 pm

The Basketball arena is very nice.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:05 pm

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:29 am
They have all the land in the world to expand but I don't see how they'll get much higher than they are. Having been to baseball camps when I was younger and dating a girl that went to Campbells PT school, Buies Creek is in the middle of absolute nowhere, no idea how they would do recruiting.
Very nice facilities. FBS is their goal but not sure it can happen as someone else said. They should become a FCS power though. Sadly for A&T and Campbell I think the CAA is their peak for now.

Captain Morgan

Unread post by Captain Morgan » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:26 pm

I pull for most NC schools and when I saw their football coach saying "we'll play anyone" during the pandemic, even schools that they knew were out of their league, I started pulling for them even more.

There's plenty of room for growth. There is no other big school in the eastern half of the state outside of ECU until you get to Wilmington, and I think being affordable will bring in a lot of students from the north like CCU is doing now. In time they'll get to FCS.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:41 pm

Captain Morgan wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:26 pm
I pull for most NC schools and when I saw their football coach saying "we'll play anyone" during the pandemic, even schools that they knew were out of their league, I started pulling for them even more.

There's plenty of room for growth. There is no other big school in the eastern half of the state outside of ECU until you get to Wilmington, and I think being affordable will bring in a lot of students from the north like CCU is doing now. In time they'll get to FCS.
Not sure I’d call it affordable. It’s a private school but does offer quite a bit of aid. More affordable than some though. It’s also more in the greater Triangle are than ENC. It’s slightly SW of Raleigh. But you are right, there is room for growth. They have a Medical School, Law School (in Raleigh), and Pharmacy School. I’m a student at Campbell Divinity School. Lots of good things going on in Buies Creek.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:56 pm

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:29 am
Buie's Creek: sorta like Statesboro, GA...except with way more class & fewer people with punkin teeth.

Campbell is growing much faster at its Raleigh campus.
The move to CAA is a smart one for them.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:05 pm

Captain Morgan wrote:

Their tuition is far from affordable.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:32 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:05 pm
Captain Morgan wrote:

Their tuition is far from affordable.
I filled out their calculator that estimates what you can receive in various aid packages. I entered information like combined parents' salary of 80k and a few other things to see what it would give to someone, not in poverty but not upper middle class. The result was a large amount of aid. The cost to attend (which is tuition+everything) is 54k. After aid, it would be 28k based on the amount of aid the information I entered would get. After changing just one variable, the parents combined salary from 80k to 60k, essentially two workers making 30k each, the cost dropped to 24k a year. By comparison, without any aid at App, in-state residents will have a 24k total cost of attendance, and out-of-state will have a 40k cost of attendance. Over 90% of Campbells undergrads have aid and scholarships. So, in the end, it is a pretty affordable college considering it is a private school. For another comparison, UNC's instate cost is 25k, and out-of-state is 54k.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”