Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Big Ten...Uhhh Sixteen

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Big Ten...Uhhh Sixteen

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:45 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:15 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:55 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:00 am
It's really kind of disappointing to see college football evolve into what is becoming. When I watch some of these older videos of us winning "big" SOCON conference games and "big" FCS playoff and championship games then read the constant posts about playoffs and money grabs those good ole days seem so far away. Watching the fans reactions after beating what is now considered a program beneath us (a Furman or even a JMU) is awesome. When we moved to the Belt and had immediate success we were all excited and when we won those bowl games and the conference championship games it was also beyond exciting (at least for me). Now it seems like we can't simply enjoy game days and those achievements because it's all about getting into a playoff or the NY6 game. As much as I'd love to see App State win it all that simply can't be it as far as a successful season goes. Nobody wants to be relegated to a subdivision again but in reality if there were really these 40 superpowers in their own division the remaining 80 or so real college football programs could still have some great games, Saturdays might go back to what they used to be and bowls or another playoff format could still work.
When we were in FCS it was all about getting into and winning the NC. Now it is about NY6 or the best we can be. As long as we play the game we should aspire to win at the highest level we can. I don’t see why it is any different in 2022 than in 2005 or 1995. Our goal is to make our program the best it can be and since we are FBS if means all that goes with that. Just enjoy it.
This season should be so awesome for App because we are playing more geographical rivals than we have ever played since Marshall has been in the SoCon.

All we need to do is help ECU and Furman to join the Sunbelt East...
I only want Furman for enough years to gain the series lead. They are one of the few programs that still exist that can say this and have played us more than 4 or 5 times.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:55 pm

I did not want to start a new thread for this but conferences matter and I predict Oklahoma has peaked. Players like to go to winning schools. Oklahoma has had a heck of a run...I predict it comes to an end with the move to the SEC. The money will be better but the fans will probably be disappointed and I think a lot harder road to the playoffs. (Assuming playoffs exist) I hope we never chase the money.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:57 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:55 pm
I did not want to start a new thread for this but conferences matter and I predict Oklahoma has peaked. Players like to go to winning schools. Oklahoma has had a heck of a run...I predict it comes to an end with the move to the SEC. The money will be better but the fans will probably be disappointed and I think a lot harder road to the playoffs. (Assuming playoffs exist) I hope we never chase the money.
I believe if App had been chasing the money, they would never have gone I-AA.

App is what it is which is awesome, and has never tried to be something it is not. It may also be because real people go to Appalachian.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:14 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:55 pm
Fans who like their programs to win (Oklahoma, potentially Clemson) are going to be in for a rude awakening when they move to the SEC. Fans who were used to losing 0-3 games a season will have to get used to losing 4 or 5…which may still be good enough to compete for the conference championship but it’s just a simple fact, not everybody can win every game. Alabama will dominate until Nick Saban retires then that conference becomes a little more wide open (depending on how dominant Georgia can be).
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:13 pm

It will be interesting to see what it takes to win "The New Sunbelt" , record wise.I could see Troy taking the West this season.Our first conference game , at home thankfully , looks to be a good one.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:18 am

Troy is a trap game for us. After we beat the Heels and A&M, will be potentially a hard week of practice to get motivated.

I do believe Troy may be better. I feel like LaLa's success is dependent on new QB. Feel like Lewis helped to cover up some issues in protection as he was extremely difficult to tackle.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:50 am

I've been screaming for years to change away from that Big10 name......Big16 has no ring......I would suggest calling it The Big Has Been.
KICK ASS!!!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:16 pm

There are over a hundred million reasons to think otherwise.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:50 pm

On The Drive with Josh Graham at about 46:10 the statement was made that the game in Boone would be a hard test for the Tarheels today 15 July 2022 and the reason the game against FAMU was moved up to week 0 was so they would be ready for the game against App State.

Regional games rock at The Rock.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:37 am

I had hoped we would schedule Bob Morris likewise.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”