Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Break down of fans by conference and school (with last years realignment). What the data says.

ShagNC
School: Appalachian State

Break down of fans by conference and school (with last years realignment). What the data says.

Unread post by ShagNC » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:12 am

Stolen from Reddit, but I figured the App community would appreciate the data and analytics. Enjoy!

https://twitter.com/TJAltimore/status/1 ... 0809247745

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MiUOwx ... LLCoJ/view
GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

Stonewall

Re: Break down of fans by conference and school (with last years realignment). What the data says.

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:55 am

Very interesting and pertinent to many of our discussions.

Gonzo

Re: Break down of fans by conference and school (with last years realignment). What the data says.

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:23 pm

I'd love to learn about the methodology. With game attendance, social media interactions, graduate numbers, booster membership, eye-balling it in the community, and anything else I could imagine to quantify this I just don't see how Appalachian isn't head and shoulders above our conference mates.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:53 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:23 pm
I'd love to learn about the methodology. With game attendance, social media interactions, graduate numbers, booster membership, eye-balling it in the community, and anything else I could imagine to quantify this I just don't see how Appalachian isn't head and shoulders above our conference mates.
yeah i'm questioning their methodology (or my own assumptions).

Someone from CSNBBS posted a link to google analytics document that broke down %share of each major metro area in the US(football only).

App was T2 in Charlotte, behind Clemson and tied with UNC @ 7% share. App was also represented in the triad ~4% share.

I wish i could find it but I don't remember who posted it where.

And since we all understand App is a major national brand with legions of bloodthirsty fans, i'm going to go with my gut that we are WAAAAYYY bigger than Troy.

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:53 am

They don't have this data point but I'd love to see what percentage of G5 fans root for another P5 team and have that broken down by school.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:37 pm

No way Wake has a larger fan base than us.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”