Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

You Eric Church fans will love this :>)

WVAPPeer
School: Other

You Eric Church fans will love this :>)

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:13 am

Mack Brown was on Packer & Durham this morning - they have been interviewing all the coaches asking about 2022 schedules, signees, etc., and at the end of each interview they ask the coach what would be his "walk-up music"? - Ol Mack said his would be Carolina by Eric Church and added that "I love Eric Church and is a huge Tarheel fan".

Personally, I don't care one hoot about Eric Church and don't care for country music but I know he has been discussed on the board -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Mjohn1988
School: Appalachian State

Re: You Eric Church fans will love this :>)

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:52 am

Love his music…going to see him at the end of the month….not going to limit myself to only enjoying entertainers I completely agree with

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:12 pm

Similar in that I do not listen to country music very often. I could not tell you a single song that Eric Church sing or Luke Combs for that matter... except for one by Luke I believe called Doin This or something like that. With that said, I am very thankful for the support that Combs provides App. St. Although I am not a country music fan, I wish I had went to the KBS concert by Combs. If he did it every year, I may try to make it for the only reason to support him supporting App. St. As with Church or any artist, I could care less who they are fans of even if Dook (for me deep fan hatred ..lol). If I like the music, I will listen. However, I will pay attention more and follow careers of someone like Combs that supports App. St. even if not something I listen to.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:15 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:12 pm
Similar in that I do not listen to country music very often. I could not tell you a single song that Eric Church sing or Luke Combs for that matter... except for one by Luke I believe called Doin This or something like that. With that said, I am very thankful for the support that Combs provides App. St. Although I am not a country music fan, I wish I had went to the KBS concert by Combs. If he did it every year, I may try to make it for the only reason to support him supporting App. St. As with Church or any artist, I could care less who they are fans of even if Dook (for me deep fan hatred ..lol). If I like the music, I will listen. However, I will pay attention more and follow careers of someone like Combs that supports App. St. even if not something I listen to.
Church supports App. He may not promote App, but he certainly supports App. He has a suite in the West Tower.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:21 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:15 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Church supports App. He may not promote App, but he certainly supports App. He has a suite in the West Tower.
I am not saying Church does or does not. The post above refers to Mack saying Church is a Heels fan. He may be an App fan too. My comment is I will follow someone more that is more invested. Combs appears more invested by having concert in Boone, locker room interaction, wearing apparel, etc. I have not seen that by others whether Church or any other artist...not negative to them....just me and who I am going to track based upon what I see in public.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:31 pm

If he wants to be a fan of St Mary's of the Poor I dont care. It's his business.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:50 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
Thank you for posting this

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:52 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
That's interesting, I've never heard that. Who inhabits that suite most weeks? I am guessing he is not in attendance very often or we'd hear about it.

Last I heard there was a waiting list for those suites. Do you know if that's still the case?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:11 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:52 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
That's interesting, I've never heard that. Who inhabits that suite most weeks? I am guessing he is not in attendance very often or we'd hear about it.

Last I heard there was a waiting list for those suites. Do you know if that's still the case?
His family uses it regularly as I was told.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:14 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:21 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
I am not saying Church does or does not. The post above refers to Mack saying Church is a Heels fan. He may be an App fan too. My comment is I will follow someone more that is more invested. Combs appears more invested by having concert in Boone, locker room interaction, wearing apparel, etc. I have not seen that by others whether Church or any other artist...not negative to them....just me and who I am going to track based upon what I see in public.
Not trying to start an argument or call you out. Your last sentence said that you would pay attention to someone, like Combs, that supports App. Just pointing out that he does. No harm intended.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:25 pm

As Good Ole Roy would say, I could give a **** about Eric Church

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:27 pm

At least we get to have this conversation for the 50th time this year.

goapps

Unread post by goapps » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:32 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:13 am
Mack Brown was on Packer & Durham this morning - they have been interviewing all the coaches asking about 2022 schedules, signees, etc., and at the end of each interview they ask the coach what would be his "walk-up music"? - Ol Mack said his would be Carolina by Eric Church and added that "I love Eric Church and is a huge Tarheel fan".

Personally, I don't care one hoot about Eric Church and don't care for country music but I know he has been discussed on the board -
Don't like Eric Church's music or the Tarheels, as far as I'm concerned, they can have each other.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:08 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:13 am

What about App State? Did Ol Mack have anything to say about playing at the Rock? I'm still hearing Tarheel fans talking about purchasing season tickets in Boone so they can attend this game. It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:21 pm

For those of you who say you don’t listen to country music so you don’t listen to EC. His music goes well beyond country. If you're curious at all start with the album Mr. Miss understood or just the song Mistress Named Music. For you guys that like the heavy stuff check out “That’s Damn Rock and Roll” with Lyndsey Hail.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:59 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:21 pm
For those of you who say you don’t listen to country music so you don’t listen to EC. His music goes well beyond country. If you're curious at all start with the album Mr. Miss understood or just the song Mistress Named Music. For you guys that like the heavy stuff check out “That’s Damn Rock and Roll” with Lyndsey Hail.
CLASSIC Rock and Roll :D exception for Johnny Cash
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

kiddbrewer

Unread post by kiddbrewer » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:56 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:52 am
Love his music…going to see him at the end of the month….not going to limit myself to only enjoying entertainers I completely agree with
Yup, I have tickets to see him too in Charlotte.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:37 pm

For you no country guys, I’m not sure there is country music anymore. Listen to some Dwight Yoakam and go backwards from there. For some current good bluegrass, “country “ , Doc Watson and other genres: Billy Strings. He may not even know about ASU but he can flat pick a guitar like nobody’s business.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:27 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:59 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Within a span of about 6 months I will have seen The Stones, The Eagles, Eric Church and Bob Dylan. Im telling you Church’s show will stand up with any of those other entertainers. Before you go bonkers, no I’m not saying he is of the same stature of any of those other acts but the man is a damn good song writer and performer. Be a touch more open minded and take a listen. Johnny Cash recorded a nine inch nails song. Johnny was open minded.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:51 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:27 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:59 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Within a span of about 6 months I will have seen The Stones, The Eagles, Eric Church and Bob Dylan. Im telling you Church’s show will stand up with any of those other entertainers. Before you go bonkers, no I’m not saying he is of the same stature of any of those other acts but the man is a damn good song writer and performer. Be a touch more open minded and take a listen. Johnny Cash recorded a nine inch nails song. Johnny was open minded.
Made two big omissions to the “will have seen list”, The Black Crowes and one Mr. Buddy Guy. And yes Church still stacks up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”