Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

You Eric Church fans will love this :>)

Mjohn1988
School: Appalachian State

Re: You Eric Church fans will love this :>)

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:41 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:13 am
Mack Brown was on Packer & Durham this morning - they have been interviewing all the coaches asking about 2022 schedules, signees, etc., and at the end of each interview they ask the coach what would be his "walk-up music"? - Ol Mack said his would be Carolina by Eric Church and added that "I love Eric Church and is a huge Tarheel fan".

Personally, I don't care one hoot about Eric Church and don't care for country music but I know he has been discussed on the board -
Got the perfect EC song for you to give a chance WV. It’s called hippie radio.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:02 pm

Come on man, I've been around so long I remember Bill Hailey and the Comets :D - so I have heard just about every type of music that has been out there - I haven't said anyone is wrong to like whatever they want - I just remembered how several on here were mad at Church for wearing Tarheel gear and not App gear - that's really the only reason I posted it and as I said, I really don't care for either :o
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:14 pm

I walked into unc looked up on the board and saw church. From that day on I wouldn't spit on him if he were on fire.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:44 pm

Too bad his favorite team lost by a lot tonight

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:05 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:31 pm
If he wants to be a fan of St Mary's of the Poor I dont care. It's his business.
I don't view it as an issue if someone, celebrity or not, is a fan of another team as well. The test is which team he or she would pull for if going head-to-head with Appalachian. If not Appalachian, it is sort of Alma Mater mutiny.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:02 pm

Not sure if I’m happy I had to just buy a Eric church collection couch today.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:39 pm

All I know is in a perfect world fairytale where App was to get this schedule with 3 OOC games against 3 P5s ranked in the top 5 and spank each ones ass tremendously and run the table going undefeated with the largest avg score victory margin in the nation.....then getting into the college football playoff proceeding on to win the national championship in a blowout......I would be urgently trying to reach Eric Church to say "How Bout Them Tarholes?"
KICK ASS!!!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:31 am

BayouApp wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:05 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:31 pm
If he wants to be a fan of St Mary's of the Poor I dont care. It's his business.
I don't view it as an issue if someone, celebrity or not, is a fan of another team as well. The test is which team he or she would pull for if going head-to-head with Appalachian. If not Appalachian, it is sort of Alma Mater mutiny.
This. Ok to pull for UNC or whomever, but if you are an App Alum and you wear baby blue to a UNC/App game, you lose all respect. It doesn’t matter that your music sucks.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:24 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:15 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:12 pm
Similar in that I do not listen to country music very often. I could not tell you a single song that Eric Church sing or Luke Combs for that matter... except for one by Luke I believe called Doin This or something like that. With that said, I am very thankful for the support that Combs provides App. St. Although I am not a country music fan, I wish I had went to the KBS concert by Combs. If he did it every year, I may try to make it for the only reason to support him supporting App. St. As with Church or any artist, I could care less who they are fans of even if Dook (for me deep fan hatred ..lol). If I like the music, I will listen. However, I will pay attention more and follow careers of someone like Combs that supports App. St. even if not something I listen to.
Church supports App. He may not promote App, but he certainly supports App. He has a suite in the West Tower.
Eh, I'd love to know exactly how much money Eric Church gives App. I know we're in no position financially to reject donations, and obviously someone's Tar Hole fandom would never actually be the reason we did, if anything.

My question is: can we put a price on our dignity? Would you let someone f*** your wife for $10 Million? I mean, it might be worth having a conversation with her if the offer was real, but most people's gut reaction to the hypothetical would be "hell no!"

What are suites? $30k/year?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:44 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:24 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:15 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:12 pm
Similar in that I do not listen to country music very often. I could not tell you a single song that Eric Church sing or Luke Combs for that matter... except for one by Luke I believe called Doin This or something like that. With that said, I am very thankful for the support that Combs provides App. St. Although I am not a country music fan, I wish I had went to the KBS concert by Combs. If he did it every year, I may try to make it for the only reason to support him supporting App. St. As with Church or any artist, I could care less who they are fans of even if Dook (for me deep fan hatred ..lol). If I like the music, I will listen. However, I will pay attention more and follow careers of someone like Combs that supports App. St. even if not something I listen to.
Church supports App. He may not promote App, but he certainly supports App. He has a suite in the West Tower.
Eh, I'd love to know exactly how much money Eric Church gives App. I know we're in no position financially to reject donations, and obviously someone's Tar Hole fandom would never actually be the reason we did, if anything.

My question is: can we put a price on our dignity? Would you let someone f*** your wife for $10 Million? I mean, it might be worth having a conversation with her if the offer was real, but most people's gut reaction to the hypothetical would be "hell no!"

What are suites? $30k/year?
My answer to your question would be most definitely, “hell no.”

I guess my question is why do we feel the need to turn down donations unless there is a trail of impropriety? To me, it’s akin to the Twitter Mob getting offended by people “shaming” them for not giving to Yosef. If we start shaming actual donors, would that not have a potential outcome of pulling the donations? It wouldn’t surprise me if folks like Mack Brown and Bobby Cremins were donors.

As to the dignity piece, I don’t think DG and Everts put as much thought and consternation into it as some people here do.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:38 am

This was too good to pass up..🤣
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:27 am

Good show, saw a lot of App folks.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:42 pm

Dude paid the fine to go past 11, passionate about music and one of the best song writers out there right now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”