Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

eSports at UNCG and NCSU

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: eSports at UNCG and NCSU

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:38 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:35 am
BallantyneApp wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:45 am
appst89 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:45 am
This is anecdotal, because I know there isn't the same level of exertion, but the members of the e-gaming team that is sponsored by Red Bull go through the exact physical training regimen that they require for all the other athletes they sponsor.
That's interesting, i was just about to make a quip about letting me know when the e-sports guys got in the gym.

Its a skill to have, and the professionals work just as hard as any other professional, but its not a sport for me. For the record, i don't consider racing to be a sport either, and golf is a tweener.

I can't think of anything more boring than watching somebody play video games, maybe watching a guy turn left for 3 hours.
Pro golf is on the edge due to a caddie (caddy) carrying the clubs. High School golf, and I assume college level golf, had to carry clubs and I don't remember even pull carts being allowed. That is not on the same level as the biathlon with the high level of activity and then the calm needed to shoot a gun, but carrying clubs 18 holes and then hitting (and for me all the extra walking in the woods and sometimes nearly swimming in water hazards) did qualify as a sport based on physical activity. Riding a cart or having clubs carried by someone else, not so much. For me golf was closer to a triathlon involving water, land and near desert-like crossing given the time I spent in the sand as well.
Use an open face club sandwich to get out of the bunkers.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=99pD_MHfl3Q
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: eSports at UNCG and NCSU

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:19 am

This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”