Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

BAMA VS UGA tonight

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Re: BAMA VS UGA tonight

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:47 pm

yeah but young ole Kirby was playing 1st string 5 star studs :>)
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:27 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:24 pm
I do believe injuries to Bama (2 1st round WRs out and playing 3rd string CBs) helped UGA more than the refs helped Bama - At the coin toss, I said to my wife, Oh Hell, this game is in trouble - when they announced the refs were from the ACC
I don't think there was a major bias by the refs toward Bama (nothing like 2017). The only thing I really question was the consistency of their fumble vs. incomplete pass criteria application. I see the gray area in both instances, but they took a TD off the board when Bryce Young fumbled (ruled incomplete pass) and didn't even mention the intentional grounding. That happened in the first series. Bryce was in the grasp and the pass attempt was a flip of his wrist/forearm directly into the ground. Later, when Bennet lost control of a pass attempt while taking a hit, they ruled it a fumble even though the pass went a significant distance and he was clearly trying to throw. Even if they were going to rule it an incompletion, they were going to rule it intentional grounding....disregarding the effect of the hit. That was my only significant complaint but fortunately it is moot.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:38 am

Even their back ups would start almost anywhere else, at even some SEC schools. Ga. & Ala. backups. Money, talent facilities are on a different level. I drove through NCSU Carter Finley recently. Their indoor practice facility is nice and BIG. Their outdoor practice facility right beside the indoor is very nice also. Again money and facilities. I love love love my/our Mountaineers and ASU. We already know we’re the step child in the Univ. system So to do what we do with what we have to do it with is something we should not take for granted. It is on our Mountaineer leaders to ensure we do not spend 8 or10 years in our rocking chair and wake up to say what happened? Organizations spend years dying/ becoming non relevant. Coach says he’s on the job TCB. we’ve beat the money tree and horse to death here.
Give em hell Apps! Climb those stairs and take your lunch pails cause it ain’t as easy as it looks!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:48 am

I agree about the refs - don't think they really favored either team
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

BambooRdApp
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:52 am

Dan Patrick mentioned current Alabama QB made approximately $1.3 million.. Alabama former QB, Jalen Hurts, made $800K. Not sure if this info is even correct. Assuming it is, this is the money train that will make certain players go to certain schools. Whether a player gets it or not, they will be recruited on that potential to make more here versus there. That is the money, money, money train in my opinion that plays out over next few years for the elite P5 schools. Paying the money will work out in some situations or it will not.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:14 pm

Hell did that one kid graduate early and enroll at the ohio state univer because he was offered $1M - entered the portal and transferred to Texas (I believe)
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:13 pm

One thing I tell my children...I cannot control what he is doing but I can control what I am doing.

We have to control what we can control and let the chips fall where they fall. I would rather spend money on coaches than players. If we can get a kid on the mountain and keep him for 4 years the strength and conditioning can do wonders.

I hope the coaches choose us for the opportunity to move up....it has worked for the last two. I hope it works for coach Clark. I really want to see Kearns do well and bring in the next coach and so on and so on.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:27 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:14 pm
Hell did that one kid graduate early and enroll at the ohio state univer because he was offered $1M - entered the portal and transferred to Texas (I believe)
I think that Texas passes a law that high school kids couldn’t get NIL deals.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”