Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Social Media Impacts Programs

Longrifle28
School: Appalachian State

Re: Social Media Impacts Programs

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:34 pm

I hate social media for this reason. People just don't seem to be a civil or respectful any more. I think it has contributed to the dumbing down of our society.

Another thing to consider is that there are a number of people on social media that do not even belong to our fanbase that troll social media platforms. I have complained to sites numerous times regarding posts made by people that I don't think have any connection to our school. Their just stirring shite.

One thing that our players can learn from social media is to have a thick skin and don't believe everything you read.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:14 pm

I thought this might be in regards to what one of our guys Tweeted earlier today, it has since been deleted.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:00 pm

If you won't (don't have the guts) to say it to someone's face you shouldn't say it sitting at a computer or typing on your phone. It's takes a real brave person to anonymously post this "stuff" or to yell something at someone while driving by them.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:12 pm

firemoose wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:00 pm
If you won't (don't have the guts) to say it to someone's face you shouldn't say it sitting at a computer or typing on your phone. It's takes a real brave person to anonymously post this "stuff" or to yell something at someone while driving by them.
Or - accusing our players of "not caring" on a message board
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:32 pm

The young ‘uns need to understand …. “It’s not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood …”

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:28 pm

I would hope our AD and Coaches would make it part of a classroom curriculum to help the young men and women learn how to handle criticism. When I first started on this site, I truly didn't think about the players (and parents) seeing it. I now, after learning the hard way, never use a player or coaches name.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:43 pm

Not being snarky but I would hope someone in their lives helps them learn how to deal with criticism before they get to college.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:57 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:48 pm
I consider Coach Clark as Assoc. Professor of Football. He has a class of over 100 young men for both semesters and summer school. These young men are students. As all students do, they make mistakes as they learn. When you made a bad grade in College Algebra was there a line of scoffers outside the classroom door yelling and spiting at you. No.
Professor Clark's students take 12-14 highly publicized and visible tests per year. They make mistakes as all students do. However their mistakes are often made on "The Worldwide Leader." Everyone from Honolulu to Augusta, Maine can see them. 30k people at KBS see them. I invite us to remember that these students in Professor Clark's class are 18-22 years old, and not rag them when they drop a pass, miss a tackle, or throw a pick. Same for the kids from Stink, Turd, or LaLa. All of these young men are students; learning publically how to be adults. Let not give them bad examples as fans. Sermon over.
This. Right. Here. Professor Clark's efforts (and his staff) are tested every Saturday afternoon. They are judged by the results of that test when the clock reads 0:00. How many of us would tolerate our place of employment putting our efforts and results on public display for millions to judge and critique?
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:20 pm

None
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:52 pm

Wells issued a denial of this report on Twitter.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”