The Carolina Way - yep

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Re: The Carolina Way - yep

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:31 am

WVU has had 3 basketball players banned - 2 from last season - neither played and one finally gave up basketball - one guy was told he would be eligible at mid-season and then rebuked that - They had a key guy move in from Montana for this season and now they are holding him from playing. WV has appealed in all cases they just don't have the ass-kissing ability of unc. I'll check on some others because I'd like to know myself
You still going to Hoosier games?
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

App91
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by App91 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:03 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:31 am
WVU has had 3 basketball players banned - 2 from last season - neither played and one finally gave up basketball - one guy was told he would be eligible at mid-season and then rebuked that - They had a key guy move in from Montana for this season and now they are holding him from playing. WV has appealed in all cases they just don't have the ass-kissing ability of unc. I'll check on some others because I'd like to know myself
You still going to Hoosier games?
Nope she transferred to ECU last fall

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:27 pm

I've never been a hater like many here are. Grew up a Wake fan until I went to App. Nobody ever hated Wake- seldom a threat in the major sports. I generally rooted for all of the "big 4" in the basketball tournament and never really cared in football. The young man should have been allowed to transfer. Hell just let them all go wherever they want. I'm about over this. That being said the whole story got ridiculous. You'd have thought it was Make A Wish or something.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:44 pm

I agree that he should have been given the OK to play from day one ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:59 pm

I know all you closet Hole Fans are just so happy for Tez tonight :roll:
BLACK SATURDAY

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:03 pm

:lol:
Black Saturday wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:59 pm
I know all you closet Hole Fans are just so happy for Tez tonight :roll:

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:55 pm

App91 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:08 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:49 pm
What about all the others they have denied? - this kid wasn't the only one - and I do agree, the kid was screwed by the worthless NCAA but by all that is holy, they better grant waivers to the all the others -
Guess that's my thing here coach, I am not aware of others that they have denied. Not saying there aren't any just not aware of them. That said, i watch games and see a ton of players on their 3rd school and some on their 4th! Not to mention, all this occurred before the NCAA changed the rule. What laws are retroactive?
-------------------------------------------
the NCAA buckles to unc and gave Kansas and Self not even a slap on the wrist, just a "now don't do that again Billy"
The WVUs of the college world will always get screwed
Less than 24 hours after West Virginia’s men’s basketball program announced the NCAA denied a waiver for RaeQuan Battle to be eligible this season, West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey made his thoughts known on the matter.

“The recent decision to deny RaeQuan Battle’s eligibility to play basketball at West Virginia University this season raises serious legal issues that demand answers,” Morrisey said. “Like many WVU fans and citizens of West Virginia, I was dismayed by this move and am hopeful it can still be fixed in time for the 2023-24 season.

“We are engaged on this matter and will be weighing in more formally in the days ahead. We want to make sure the right things happen for RaeQuan and WVU, and that any action taken is consistent with the rule of law. As the Attorney General of West Virginia, I take our antitrust authority seriously and will take all appropriate steps to ensure our laws are followed.”

Patrick Morrisey
The Mountaineers announced they will appeal the original decision in an effort to get Battle eligible for the upcoming season.

As a two-time undergraduate transfer, a waiver was required for Battle to be eligible for game competition in his first year at West Virginia. Interim head coach Josh Eilert had expressed confidence Battle would be given the waiver, but instead, Eilert is left with 10 scholarship players as he prepares to take on a new expanded role.

The Mountaineers open the regular season November 6 against Missouri State. They also welcome George Mason on Friday for a 7 p.m. exhibition.

Earlier this month, North Carolina’s football program gained national attention when wide receiver Tez Walker was granted eligibility by the NCAA after the organization had originally rejecting Walker’s appeal.

In that case, North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper and Attorney General Josh Stein sent letters to the NCAA in an effort to have them reconsider the waiver and thus make Walker eligible.

A Kent State transfer, Walker was ruled eligible after the NCAA said it received new information not previously made available by UNC.
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:44 pm

Of course, the NCAA denied WVU's appeal - just not at the level of the lightblue bloods in standing. This situation is very similar to the unc football player. They also suspended a transfer from Arizona for 9 games for taking impermissible benefits - How in hell is anything impermissible in today's college world???
--------------------------
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — Almost one month to the day after the NCAA denied RaeQuan Battle a waiver for immediate eligibility, the Mountaineers learned Tuesday they’ll be without Battle for the entirety of this season.

West Virginia Director of Athletics Wren Baker and interim men’s basketball coach Josh Eilert released a statement Tuesday confirming Battle’s appeal has been denied.

“On behalf of West Virginia University Intercollegiate Athletics, we believe the NCAA has made a grave mistake and misjudgment with regard to first denying RaeQuan Battle’s request for a waiver and now in his eventual appeal,” the statement read. “Both denials have produced nothing but hardship and penalty.

“The intent of the transfer waiver process is to provide relief for extenuating and extraordinary circumstances that are outside the control of the student-athlete. There is no question that RaeQuan’s case clearly calls for a waiver so that he can continue his academic and athletic career on a positive tract. Despite overwhelming evidence that RaeQuan clearly meets the established criteria for relief, the NCAA’s decision to deny does nothing but penalize a student-athlete for negative situations and environments that others have caused him.”
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”