Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Panthers Fire Marty Hurney

ASUMountaineer
School: Appalachian State

Re: Panthers Fire Marty Hurney

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:58 am

BUTCH1991 wrote:Gettis must be activated or placed on IR on Wednesday. Of course, the Panthers writer for the C.O. keeps pushing that Armanti is the guy to probably get the axe. He seems to be hoping for it. Sorry a$$ P.O.S.
I don't get the Gettis love. The guy played one season, and it was at best an average season (granted Pickles was throwing him the ball). He has missed the last 23 games. I don't get why some expect him to come in and pick up where he left off. You don't magically go from that kind of injury to game-speed in 2 weeks of practice.

If they do cut AE because of bringing Gettis back, then it may be the best thing for AE. There's a lot of anti-ASU crap in Panther Land, I've never been concerned with the last few guys on the roster of my teams, but many Panther fans seem to believe that cutting AE and replacing him with another team's reject will vastly improve a bad team. I just don't get it. In theory, if you're down to having to use players 51 - 53, the season is probably lost anyways.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:20 am

bcoach wrote:There is nothing wrong with the Panthers that a new team, coach, and owner wouldn't cure
I like your advice, it's a subtle hint for Panther fans to pick a new team, right? lol

Think I'll go back to being a 'Skins fan...."Hey diddle diddle, it's Riggins up the middle!"

Dexter Manley Dave Butts, Joe Jacoby, Darrell Green, Art Monk, Jergenson, Kilmer, Larry Brown where have you guys gone?
BLACK SATURDAY

eggers76

Unread post by eggers76 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:08 pm

"Think I'll go back to being a 'Skins fan...."Hey diddle diddle, it's Riggins up the middle!"

Dexter Manley Dave Butts, Joe Jacoby, Darrell Green, Art Monk, Jergenson, Kilmer, Larry Brown where have you guys gone?"

Sounds like a great idea. This weekend will be a good time to try that out too. Those guys all brought me a lot of joy when I wore smaller clothes.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Well this is one ASU grad who is very close to dumping his PSL's and telling the Panthers to take a long walk off a short pier. I'd rather spend the money in Boone with YOSEF.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:22 pm

eggers76 wrote:"Think I'll go back to being a 'Skins fan...."Hey diddle diddle, it's Riggins up the middle!"

Dexter Manley Dave Butts, Joe Jacoby, Darrell Green, Art Monk, Jergenson, Kilmer, Larry Brown where have you guys gone?"

Sounds like a great idea. This weekend will be a good time to try that out too. Those guys all brought me a lot of joy when I wore smaller clothes.
The Redskins fell out of favor with me when the Panthers were formed. In light of all that has transpired since in the last couple of seasons, no reason to maintain any loyalty. I was actually glad they choked in Chicago. To hell with the Canthers and "Hail to the Redskins!"

BLACK SATURDAY

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

The Redskins haven't been setting the world on fire over the last 20 years. Since the Panthers came into the league, the Redskins have made the playoffs three times, and have one division title. You may want to just form a fantasy team and pull for that.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
eggers76 wrote:"Think I'll go back to being a 'Skins fan...."Hey diddle diddle, it's Riggins up the middle!"

The Redskins fell out of favor with me when the Panthers were formed. In light of all that has transpired since in the last couple of seasons, no reason to maintain any loyalty. I was actually glad they choked in Chicago. To hell with the Canthers and "Hail to the Redskins!"

Bandwagon fans....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”