Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Update on NFL info

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Update on NFL info

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:28 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:22 pm
Hate to pile on but if he was healthy and chose to sit out the GaSo game, I’m not sure as a Mountaineer I can forget that. I assumed it was something else disciplinary, health etc.

Anyway count down to a new season on. Can’t wait to see the 2023 edition take the field.
I heard he was good to go and left to go train because he wanted to avoid getting hurt. Part of me feels same way but also understands the business decision. The problem with it for him was that he had a rep of having the track mentality and that just cautioned teams further with him. I just hope none of the players who could have returned have regrets. I know for a fact that Hampton and Hodges don't but they both got drafted and are making their teams so that makes it easy though.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:35 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Hate to pile on but if he was healthy and chose to sit out the GaSo game, I’m not sure as a Mountaineer I can forget that. I assumed it was something else disciplinary, health etc.

Anyway count down to a new season on. Can’t wait to see the 2023 edition take the field.
He was honestly probably the healthiest he had been since week 3 or 4. But, I don't blame him one bit. While he technically quit on the team he was a captain and leader of, I personally don't think it was a bad decision. He could have played but it was the kind of tweak that could turned major in the right situation.

We as fans never know what's going on in the players heads when they make these decisions. Would I have made that decision? No, probably not. But, I probably made several decisions during my playing days that Cam wouldn't have agreed with either. To each their own.

You'll be hard pressed to find a better human being than Cam. Nothing was done with ill intent.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:11 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:35 pm
appbio91 wrote:

He was honestly probably the healthiest he had been since week 3 or 4. But, I don't blame him one bit. While he technically quit on the team he was a captain and leader of, I personally don't think it was a bad decision. He could have played but it was the kind of tweak that could turned major in the right situation.

We as fans never know what's going on in the players heads when they make these decisions. Would I have made that decision? No, probably not. But, I probably made several decisions during my playing days that Cam wouldn't have agreed with either. To each their own.

You'll be hard pressed to find a better human being than Cam. Nothing was done with ill intent.
I get it, it was a meaningless game right?

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:31 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:11 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
appbio91 wrote:

At least one person thought it was meaningless....
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:55 pm

appbio91 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appbio91 wrote:

Like AppStateNews said, one person thought that and chose not to play. I don't agree with Cam that it was but I wondered if we were in the title hunt if he would have stayed to play in it?

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:24 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:55 pm
appbio91 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appbio91 wrote:

Like AppStateNews said, one person thought that and chose not to play. I don't agree with Cam that it was but I wondered if we were in the title hunt if he would have stayed to play in it?
99.9% of the time I side with the player who's trying to make a go of the pros and make money. However, this wasn't just some game. It was the Stink. Cam EASILY could've been the difference maker in that game, and there's no way he doesn't know that. He may be a great dude, but that's an incredibly selfish move and shows, TO ME, a lack of competitive spirit. That's your rival. You want to stomp them every time. Can you imagine some top prospect for Duke sitting out the Carolina game because "well, we aren't really in the ACC title hunt right now, and I gotta think about my future"?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:56 am

If you are not all in, you might as well be all out.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:05 am

Sounds like someone gave him horrible advice. We are going to see more and more sitting out as kids prepare and train for the NFL. But, if you sit out, you better get drafted and make a roster.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:19 am

We are seeing this more and more. Started with skipping bowl games ..now trending to regular season if not in the hunt. I do not care really who the opponent was...from a fan perspective (maybe not player perspective) it was a big game in my opinion for our program to keep our bowl game steak continuing. Yes, we would have went to a terrible bowl...but we would have went to a bowl. And gave young guys more practice time
Who knows..could have been bad advice..or whatever reason...young man made a decision based on his thought process and advice. Although I do not think I would have made the same decision especially given coming from a G5 program as you are just fighting to get drafted at all.
I will appreciate Cam for his time at App. St. and good luck to him in the future
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:24 am

MrCraig wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:24 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
appbio91 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appbio91 wrote:

99.9% of the time I side with the player who's trying to make a go of the pros and make money. However, this wasn't just some game. It was the Stink. Cam EASILY could've been the difference maker in that game, and there's no way he doesn't know that. He may be a great dude, but that's an incredibly selfish move and shows, TO ME, a lack of competitive spirit. That's your rival. You want to stomp them every time. Can you imagine some top prospect for Duke sitting out the Carolina game because "well, we aren't really in the ACC title hunt right now, and I gotta think about my future"?
I personally agree that it was important but like AppSt94 said if you aren’t all in then be all out.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:29 am

311neers wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:05 am
Sounds like someone gave him horrible advice. We are going to see more and more sitting out as kids prepare and train for the NFL. But, if you sit out, you better get drafted and make a roster.
That is 100% fact. I think he also got caught up in what he was hearing as well. Agents told him he had mid round grades entering the season plus he had a combine invite and Senior Bowl invite. They don’t guarantee anything but apparently he thought they did. He was given bad advice but that’s on him for listening to it. It happens to a lot of players.

Appst86

Unread post by Appst86 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:25 am

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:37 am

Appst86 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:25 am
Bills cut Evans

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffa ... epth-chart
Hopefully lands somewhere.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:43 am

The character assassination of Cam by certain boosters and likely staffers over the last two years has been disheartening.

I'll always remember that in 2013, when Jamal Londry-Jackson physically fell off and couldn't play, there were all sorts of rumors about how he didn't have the heart, his mom was toxic, he didn't want to play for Satt, he's getting the wrong advice, etc. Turns out he had Graves Disease, which he didn't find out about until 2015, which kept him from keeping on weight. Plus he had surgery for a torn ACL which he played with through 2012 and had suffered a torn meniscus, collapsed lung, etc.

Point is, we don't know about someone's personal battles. And maybe they don't even know at this point. So it just needs to end.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:46 am

311neers wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:05 am
If he had sat out a potential bowl game I would have said whatever, but this game had a LOT riding on it and his senior brothers missed an opportunity to keep their bowl appearance streak alive because of the loss.

BTW, I feel like a complete douche bag for coming on here complaining about his lack of touches, I guess I understand now. I will definitely remember the highlights though and hope the best for a mountaineer.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:04 am

MrCraig wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
appbio91 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appbio91 wrote:

Somebody forgot to tell him

“Today I give my all
For Appalachian State”
BLACK SATURDAY

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:25 am

biggie wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:37 am
Appst86 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:25 am
Bills cut Evans

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffa ... epth-chart
Hopefully lands somewhere.
I figured he was borderline for their last RB slot on the 53 but someone will at least pick him up for the practice squad at least.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:34 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:04 am
MrCraig wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
appbio91 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

“Today I give my all
For Appalachian State”
Right? I guess it was more "Today I Give My All... Unless I'm Thinking About Potential Future Earnings."

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:49 am

T-Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:43 am
The character assassination of Cam by certain boosters and likely staffers over the last two years has been disheartening.

I'll always remember that in 2013, when Jamal Londry-Jackson physically fell off and couldn't play, there were all sorts of rumors about how he didn't have the heart, his mom was toxic, he didn't want to play for Satt, he's getting the wrong advice, etc. Turns out he had Graves Disease, which he didn't find out about until 2015, which kept him from keeping on weight. Plus he had surgery for a torn ACL which he played with through 2012 and had suffered a torn meniscus, collapsed lung, etc.

Point is, we don't know about someone's personal battles. And maybe they don't even know at this point. So it just needs to end.
I don't remember people saying that about Jamal but do remember many people feeling bad for his medical condition. It was sad to see and if some trash talked without knowing the truth that is a shame.

The fact he has a track mentality does not make him bad but just means he isn't quite as tough as you want. He chose not to play the last couple games when he was cleared and I feel like with his injury past it is safe to assume he did not want to risk injury. I personally would have played to help us get to a bowl game if I was him but I understand why he did not.

As far as medical though remember he had extensive tests at the combine and the Panthers gave him a physical so if he had anything it likely would have come up by now. I personally think Cam was cut by Carolina completely for his play on the field and nothing else. He struggled taking care of the ball, did not improve in pass protection, and just was not a consistently effective runner. That stuff has cause many others to get cut and will be the reason for others in the future.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:54 am

MrCraig wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:34 am
Black Saturday wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:04 am
MrCraig wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
appbio91 wrote:

“Today I give my all
For Appalachian State”
Right? I guess it was more "Today I Give My All... Unless I'm Thinking About Potential Future Earnings."
I feel the same way as you guys do.

Keep in mind with Cam that he was under heavy pressure from agents and media and that can be hard for a college player to handle. You have to remember that all these agents and media got in his head back in the summer about his NFL chances because of the love the scouts gave him from the junior pro day. I have no doubt that some agents manipulated him and talked him into leaving early since the season was not going well for him and he had been dinged up. His agent was probably scared he would get banged up and miss the Senior Bowl so he likely urged him to sit out the last couple games. It is very hard for a player who has not been through the process and they think every agent and media member has their best interest in mind but they don't.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”