Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Update on NFL info

biggie
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: Update on NFL info

Unread post by biggie » Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:39 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:36 pm
Pearson is not listed on the Packers roster so he has been cut. It will be interesting to see if he makes practice squad. Hodges is being put on Jaguars short-term IR.
Updated the original.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:42 pm

This predicts Pearson to Packers practice squad.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/ ... -cutdowns/

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:52 pm

Jackson made the Saints and Neuzil has made the Falcons. Hardy was cut in Kansas City but is a practice squad hopeful.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:00 pm

biggie wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:39 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:36 pm
Pearson is not listed on the Packers roster so he has been cut. It will be interesting to see if he makes practice squad. Hodges is being put on Jaguars short-term IR.
Updated the original.
I was about to edit it and saw you replied. Hodges is on the Jags 53 now but they will put him on short-term IR. Expect that move to happen tomorrow but he is on the 53-man roster today. He will be activated in a few weeks.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:56 pm

Tae Hayes was waived by the Ravens.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:59 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:37 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:17 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:43 am
The character assassination of Cam by certain boosters and likely staffers over the last two years has been disheartening.

I'll always remember that in 2013, when Jamal Londry-Jackson physically fell off and couldn't play, there were all sorts of rumors about how he didn't have the heart, his mom was toxic, he didn't want to play for Satt, he's getting the wrong advice, etc. Turns out he had Graves Disease, which he didn't find out about until 2015, which kept him from keeping on weight. Plus he had surgery for a torn ACL which he played with through 2012 and had suffered a torn meniscus, collapsed lung, etc.

Point is, we don't know about someone's personal battles. And maybe they don't even know at this point. So it just needs to end.
I played with JLJ and to this day will talk to him at least twice a week. I don't remember any of this. At least in the locker room, nobody thought he fell off physically at all. We all knew he was dealing with something more than just being a skinny guy. The staff knew it when they recruited him. We all knew he had an autoimmune disorder from birth and thought that was the cause for his lack of weight gain. It was something after his playing days that had the diagnosis of Graves and that played a part, but that was not the only reason for his slender build.

If this kind of chatter was happening in the fan base, it was mild and JLJ never got wind of it.

And for the record, his mom was toxic. Only parent in my playing days that forced their way in to the locker room. Super nice lady, but nobody got in the way of her baby!

But yes, I agree with you. You never know what's going on in a 18-22 year olds head or what they are going through.

Sure, they may be good at tackling the QB. But do you think his head is going to be 100% on that when his 14 year old brother is literally begging on the street corner so him, his mom, dad, and little brother can buy a loaf of bread for lunch and dinner?

Chances are 99% on this board or on the Twatters have ever been in a college football locker room when players aren't even on campus -- let alone see what happens in season.

There's a reason there's an unwritten rule in high level sports of everything stays in the locker room. The stories, the walks of life, the pre-existing conditions, the bad medical advice from peer student trainers in high school (not doctors, actual high school students with no formal training but that's all the school could afford) causing more medical issues in the future, the guys that had never worn a new pair of shoes until we got our gear, etc.

That is why I will never judge a player that wants to sit out. All people process things differently. Is that something I would have done as a player? No. But that doesn't mean I am in the right. I have no idea what that person's (he's more than just a player on your favorite college football team) thoughts are and I am certainly not in a position to judge anybody on anything.
I didn’t remember people bashing him from inside the program or even boosters. Everyone knew he had an issue. I. heard the story about her forcing her way in. His mother was a helicopter parent for sure from what I heard.

One thing people, including agents and media, don’t realize is that the NFL grades from junior pro day are based on their play on the field only. They don’t adjust for medical or character because that is the job of GMs and directors to decide. For example, there is an OL at Tennessee this year who is a nightmare but I am sure agents are recruiting him due to his mid round grades. He won’t get drafted or make it and smart agents won’t chase him.

You are so right. I remember being in the locker room and we felt as though we were a family. We were brothers and looked out for each other. We might have joked and pranked each other but we looked out for each other outside of the football building.

I am like you that I would have played but I won’t judge him for sitting out. I wish he played but I get it. He felt he needed to protect himself from injury and like I mentioned before he had a lot of agents and jock sniffers from Twitter in his ear.
I don’t think most people have any clue how hard it is to keep the mental and physical edge it takes to play at the G5 level, much less the pro level.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:28 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:59 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:37 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:17 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:43 am
The character assassination of Cam by certain boosters and likely staffers over the last two years has been disheartening.

I'll always remember that in 2013, when Jamal Londry-Jackson physically fell off and couldn't play, there were all sorts of rumors about how he didn't have the heart, his mom was toxic, he didn't want to play for Satt, he's getting the wrong advice, etc. Turns out he had Graves Disease, which he didn't find out about until 2015, which kept him from keeping on weight. Plus he had surgery for a torn ACL which he played with through 2012 and had suffered a torn meniscus, collapsed lung, etc.

Point is, we don't know about someone's personal battles. And maybe they don't even know at this point. So it just needs to end.
I played with JLJ and to this day will talk to him at least twice a week. I don't remember any of this. At least in the locker room, nobody thought he fell off physically at all. We all knew he was dealing with something more than just being a skinny guy. The staff knew it when they recruited him. We all knew he had an autoimmune disorder from birth and thought that was the cause for his lack of weight gain. It was something after his playing days that had the diagnosis of Graves and that played a part, but that was not the only reason for his slender build.

If this kind of chatter was happening in the fan base, it was mild and JLJ never got wind of it.

And for the record, his mom was toxic. Only parent in my playing days that forced their way in to the locker room. Super nice lady, but nobody got in the way of her baby!

But yes, I agree with you. You never know what's going on in a 18-22 year olds head or what they are going through.

Sure, they may be good at tackling the QB. But do you think his head is going to be 100% on that when his 14 year old brother is literally begging on the street corner so him, his mom, dad, and little brother can buy a loaf of bread for lunch and dinner?

Chances are 99% on this board or on the Twatters have ever been in a college football locker room when players aren't even on campus -- let alone see what happens in season.

There's a reason there's an unwritten rule in high level sports of everything stays in the locker room. The stories, the walks of life, the pre-existing conditions, the bad medical advice from peer student trainers in high school (not doctors, actual high school students with no formal training but that's all the school could afford) causing more medical issues in the future, the guys that had never worn a new pair of shoes until we got our gear, etc.

That is why I will never judge a player that wants to sit out. All people process things differently. Is that something I would have done as a player? No. But that doesn't mean I am in the right. I have no idea what that person's (he's more than just a player on your favorite college football team) thoughts are and I am certainly not in a position to judge anybody on anything.
I didn’t remember people bashing him from inside the program or even boosters. Everyone knew he had an issue. I. heard the story about her forcing her way in. His mother was a helicopter parent for sure from what I heard.

One thing people, including agents and media, don’t realize is that the NFL grades from junior pro day are based on their play on the field only. They don’t adjust for medical or character because that is the job of GMs and directors to decide. For example, there is an OL at Tennessee this year who is a nightmare but I am sure agents are recruiting him due to his mid round grades. He won’t get drafted or make it and smart agents won’t chase him.

You are so right. I remember being in the locker room and we felt as though we were a family. We were brothers and looked out for each other. We might have joked and pranked each other but we looked out for each other outside of the football building.

I am like you that I would have played but I won’t judge him for sitting out. I wish he played but I get it. He felt he needed to protect himself from injury and like I mentioned before he had a lot of agents and jock sniffers from Twitter in his ear.
I don’t think most people have any clue how hard it is to keep the mental and physical edge it takes to play at the G5 level, much less the pro level.
Most don't. That is also another reason I have said all along that Hampton and Hodges would be locks but I don't think Peoples will be.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:35 pm

Here is a complete list of those cut
Ravens- CB Tae Hayes
Browns- OG Colby Gossett
Bills- RB Darrynton Evans
Packers- CB Shemar Jean-Charles
TE Henry Pearson
Chiefs- OT/OG Anderson Hardy
Titans- CB Steven Jones

It appears that all of these have made the 53

Davis-Gaither, Akeem Cincinnati Bengals Linebacker
Hampton, Nick Los Angeles Rams Linebacker
Hodges, Cooper Jacksonville Jaguars Offensive Tackle
Jackson, D'Marco New Orleans Saints Linebacker
Jolly, Shaun Los Angeles Rams Cornerback
Lamm, Kendall Miami Dolphins Offensive Tackle
Martin, Sam Buffalo Bills Punter
Neuzil, Ryan Atlanta Falcons Guard

IR
Broncos- WR Jalen Virgil
Hodges will be moved to short term IR very soon.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:01 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:35 pm
Ravens- CB Tae Hayes
Browns- OG Colby Gossett
Broncos- WR Jalen Virgil
TE Henry Pearson
Titans- CB Steven Jones

Exited to see what Evans can do at the Bills.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:16 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:01 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Ravens- CB Tae Hayes
Browns- OG Colby Gossett
Broncos- WR Jalen Virgil
TE Henry Pearson
Titans- CB Steven Jones

If you hadn’t noticed he was cut from Bills.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:48 am

What Biggie said. He got cut but he could get picked up on the practice squad or another team could claim him today. There will be more adjustments as teams see who hit the waiver wire so there is a chance we have another get on the 53 or possibly see someone else cut. I am curious to see if all of our players cut get picked up to at least a practice squad. All of them appear to have a chance.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:03 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:48 am
What Biggie said. He got cut but he could get picked up on the practice squad or another team could claim him today. There will definitely be some more roster adjusting as teams see who hit the waiver wire.
He just seems like way too good of a kick returner not to have someone pick him up. But, I'm not in charge, and I have seen a lot of evidence that the folks running some football teams are not the smartest guys in the room most of the time.

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:23 am

Saw where Jalen Virgil is on the IR… had a meniscus tear that required surgery… will be out for the season.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:24 am

biggie wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:16 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Ravens- CB Tae Hayes
Browns- OG Colby Gossett
Broncos- WR Jalen Virgil
TE Henry Pearson
Titans- CB Steven Jones

My bad, didn’t read the whole post. Just saw Evans and Bills. Thought is was a good fit. Guess the Bill didn’t agree.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:29 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:24 am
biggie wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:16 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Ravens- CB Tae Hayes
Browns- OG Colby Gossett
Broncos- WR Jalen Virgil
TE Henry Pearson
Titans- CB Steven Jones

My bad, didn’t read the whole post. Just saw Evans and Bills. Thought is was a good fit. Guess the Bill didn’t agree.
Another great example of why preseason can be absolutely pointless. Dude had an incredible long TD run and showed his value but all for nothing (at least for now)

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:02 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:03 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:48 am
What Biggie said. He got cut but he could get picked up on the practice squad or another team could claim him today. There will definitely be some more roster adjusting as teams see who hit the waiver wire.
He just seems like way too good of a kick returner not to have someone pick him up. But, I'm not in charge, and I have seen a lot of evidence that the folks running some football teams are not the smartest guys in the room most of the time.
Of course some of them make mistakes at times. It happens in the draft. They have tough decisions to make and are going to let some solid players go. I would say 90% of them will get picked up for practice squad though. I would be surprised if Evans is not picked up by someone.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:07 pm

AppFan11 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:23 am
Saw where Jalen Virgil is on the IR… had a meniscus tear that required surgery… will be out for the season.
Yes I updated that. I believe later today or tomorrow we will have a few updates with practice squad as well.

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:39 pm

Yes. It’ll be interesting to see how the practice squads develop.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:45 pm

Packers have signed FB Henry Pearson to practice squad. They have signed 16 but most teams have signed between 11-14 so there will be more names added. I would expect we get 2-3 more to sign.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:51 pm

Hodges, Cooper Jacksonville Jaguars Offensive Guard will be moved to short term IR by Tuesday unless he heals up quick

IR
Broncos- WR Jalen Virgil

Practice Squad
Packers- FB Henry Pearson
49ers- CB Shemar Jean-Charles

Free Agents
Ravens- CB Tae Hayes
Browns- OG Colby Gossett
Titans- CB Steven Jones
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”