Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Any word on how our 2022 FA's are doing?

appstate77
School: Appalachian State

Any word on how our 2022 FA's are doing?

Unread post by appstate77 » Mon May 30, 2022 3:45 pm

??????

Rekdiver

Re: Any word on how our 2022 FA's are doing?

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon May 30, 2022 6:44 pm

Only thing h Zi know is Baer got cut by Giants and is off to the CFL

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue May 31, 2022 9:30 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 6:44 pm
Only thing h Zi know is Baer got cut by Giants and is off to the CFL
Just so you know Baer was the only player we had go undrafted that was never signed to a contract. He was with the Giants on a rookie mini-camp tryout basis only with a chance to get signed so technically he was never cut since he never signed a contract.

As for the others I would say no news is good news because the only news I have really seen on anyone is a tryout getting signed or a UDFA signing getting cut after the rookie mini-camp.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue May 31, 2022 11:32 am

Corey Sutton received a shout out for a catch during 1-minute drills of Lions OTA's. He was obviously on basically 4th team but it was noted that he caught a pass over the middle that required him to, wait for it, make an adjustment in traffic to catch. According to a Lions vlogger on YouTube there has been some talk of Sutton and Taylor's potential there.

Nothing I've found on Hennigan, Virgil, or Williams though. Very likely won't hear anything about them until Training Camp starts.

One important thing to note is that the new Head Coach of the Vikings is the former Rams Offensive Coordinator. Many across App forums have made comparisons between Kupp and Hennigan and I'd imagine the Vikings made the same comparisons to sell hennigan on signing with them. So look out for some T-Henni during Pre-season. He will get his shot.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue May 31, 2022 12:35 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:32 am
Corey Sutton received a shout out for a catch during 1-minute drills of Lions OTA's. He was obviously on basically 4th team but it was noted that he caught a pass over the middle that required him to, wait for it, make an adjustment in traffic to catch. According to a Lions vlogger on YouTube there has been some talk of Sutton and Taylor's potential there.

Nothing I've found on Hennigan, Virgil, or Williams though. Very likely won't hear anything about them until Training Camp starts.

One important thing to note is that the new Head Coach of the Vikings is the former Rams Offensive Coordinator. Many across App forums have made comparisons between Kupp and Hennigan and I'd imagine the Vikings made the same comparisons to sell hennigan on signing with them. So look out for some T-Henni during Pre-season. He will get his shot.
I completely missed that about the YouTube video but I mostly just checked the team websites for articles that maybe featured out guys. I feel the same way you do about Hennigan in that he should get a really good chance. It is so early so as long as they are not cut after rookie mini-camp then that is all they can ask for to this point. Like you said, it is early.

As good as this group was as a whole I think we will see even more traffic for the 2023 class. Jackson was our only possible draft pick in 2022 but we have 3 likely draft picks with Hampton, Hodges, and Peoples.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:16 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:35 pm
ericsaid wrote:

I completely missed that about the YouTube video but I mostly just checked the team websites for articles that maybe featured out guys. I feel the same way you do about Hennigan in that he should get a really good chance. It is so early so as long as they are not cut after rookie mini-camp then that is all they can ask for to this point. Like you said, it is early.

As good as this group was as a whole I think we will see even more traffic for the 2023 class. Jackson was our only possible draft pick in 2022 but we have 3 likely draft picks with Hampton, Hodges, and Peoples.
For me, Hodges is probably the most likely to get drafted late round. Maybe Hampton if he has a really big year. No disrespect to Peoples, but the RB position in NFL just isn't valued right now.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:49 am

The Rock wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:16 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:35 pm
ericsaid wrote:

For me, Hodges is probably the most likely to get drafted late round. Maybe Hampton if he has a really big year. No disrespect to Peoples, but the RB position in NFL just isn't valued right now.
I am with you that Hodges is probably late rounds but Peoples should get drafted as well due to his physical tools. The problem at RB is the supply and demand is just no their favor more than the position is de-valued. It would not shock me if Nick Hampton ends up being our highest rated by NFL people because of his size, length, speed, and ability to get to the QB.

Unless these guys have a bad year I would be shocked if they all don't go to the NFL Combine and to a major all-star game like the Senior Bowl or Shrine Game.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:07 am

Peoples needs to stay healthy and show an ability to pass catch out of the backfield. He has the size and speed, but there are too many question marks about next level productivity to garner a draft slot in my opinion.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:44 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:07 am
Peoples needs to stay healthy and show an ability to pass catch out of the backfield. He has the size and speed, but there are too many question marks about next level productivity to garner a draft slot in my opinion.
I agree on the issues and that is why I have guessed late rounds. He has the tools and can improve on those things so he could definitely rise. Hampton is going to be higher rated than people realize by NFL teams. They will all go to the NFL Combine and Senior Bowl or Shrine with a good season.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:25 pm

Just my opinion... unless Peoples has spectacular games against Heels and A&M and then remains healthy to be productive back (1200 to 1500 yards) to where Noel is back to being a change of pace RB to give Peoples rest, Peoples will more than likely not be drafted. We also have Harrington. The backfield is loaded. As such, it does make it more difficult to put up crazy numbers...which you need most of the time as a G5 RB...This is a great position for team given the number of RBs however, may hurt individually when NFL teams are making a decision on talent....not saying People's shouldn't be drafted anyway, however, I do not see it happening unless the above happens.
With that said, hope he gets a FA contract and has a great career in the NFL. App St needs all the pros we can get..
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:27 pm

Not intended as a slam on Peoples because I love to watch him run. He brings a lot of energy to the game. However, I haven't seen the consistency and durability yet to convince me he will be drafted.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:48 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:25 pm
Just my opinion... unless Peoples has spectacular games against Heels and A&M and then remains healthy to be productive back (1200 to 1500 yards) to where Noel is back to being a change of pace RB to give Peoples rest, Peoples will more than likely not be drafted. We also have Harrington. The backfield is loaded. As such, it does make it more difficult to put up crazy numbers...which you need most of the time as a G5 RB...This is a great position for team given the number of RBs however, may hurt individually when NFL teams are making a decision on talent....not saying People's shouldn't be drafted anyway, however, I do not see it happening unless the above happens.
With that said, hope he gets a FA contract and has a great career in the NFL. App St needs all the pros we can get..
I don't disagree with how you guys feel about him but I know that the NFL values measurables and I'll bet you will see his name prevalent on reputable draft websites and from those who are in the know. We are going to have GMs and directors show up this fall to see this group. We have 3 who enter the fall with a great shot to get drafted plus a QB and a few others who will garner looks. I expect to see Hodges, Hampton, and Peoples all featured by Senior Bowl on social media and get invites to that game if they don't have a disappointing fall.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:50 pm

hapapp wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:27 pm
Not intended as a slam on Peoples because I love to watch him run. He brings a lot of energy to the game. However, I haven't seen the consistency and durability yet to convince me he will be drafted.
To me durability and pass catching/pass pro are the two big concerns. I would still say he is most likely going to be a late round pick but I expect the interest in him to be heavy. It is hard to find a 6'1-6'2 220-225 pound RB who can run like that.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:09 pm

Pass pro is more of a concern at the next level than pass catching.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:22 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:09 pm
Indeed. Many aren’t great catchers but it limits their downs. If you can’t block at all either then you are basically one dimensional. Peoples is going to get heavy looks so 2022 is his chance to erase any of those concerns.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:29 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:22 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Indeed. Many aren’t great catchers but it limits their downs. If you can’t block at all either then you are basically one dimensional. Peoples is going to get heavy looks so 2022 is his chance to erase any of those concerns.
Agreed. His physical abilities can't be taught. Blocking and catching can. A team will take a chance on him based on his size, speed, and agility alone.

If he's working hard this off season to quiet those qualms, he could be a steal for a team.

Also, to add, the blocking reads for RBs in our offense is more difficult than many pro offenses.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:41 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:29 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:22 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Agreed. His physical abilities can't be taught. Blocking and catching can. A team will take a chance on him based on his size, speed, and agility alone.

If he's working hard this off season to quiet those qualms, he could be a steal for a team.

Also, to add, the blocking reads for RBs in our offense is more difficult than many pro offenses.
If he becomes a solid pass blocker, stays healthy, and is a pass catching threat in 2022 then Peoples would not only get drafted but he would have buzz by respected draft analysts such as Daniel Jeremiah, Gil Brandt, Jim Nagy, and others as a likely top 100 pick.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:57 am

The only reputable draft analyst is Daniel Jeremiah :D
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:07 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:57 am
The only reputable draft analyst is Daniel Jeremiah :D
No bias there at all. :lol:

I will say that Jeremiah and Nagy both blow away what you get from Kiper and McShay.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:44 am

Pass protection, health, and holding on to the ball. He's got everything else in spades, but those three things are huge in the NFL.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”