Martin vs ADG

User avatar
CornCobPipes
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:22 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 977 times
Been thanked: 307 times

Martin vs ADG

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:33 pm

Go Bengals!
KICK ASS!!!

BambooRdApp
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 897 times
Been thanked: 1592 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:47 pm

Love snow games
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!

User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 2997
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 2909 times
Been thanked: 1466 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:54 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:47 pm
Love snow games
Agree. It's the height of football for me
The Appalachian State

User avatar
CornCobPipes
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:22 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 977 times
Been thanked: 307 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:42 pm

Maybe I've missed but haven't seen ADG on any action of regular down play series?
KICK ASS!!!

User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 7119
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1323 times
Been thanked: 3359 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:48 pm

CornCobPipes wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:42 pm
Maybe I've missed but haven't seen ADG on any action of regular down play series?
He had 1 solo tackle.

WASU 93
Posts: 1209
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 650 times
Been thanked: 786 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:06 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:48 pm
CornCobPipes wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:42 pm
Maybe I've missed but haven't seen ADG on any action of regular down play series?
He had 1 solo tackle.
I don't know if it was scheme or someone coming back from an injury, but he didn't see anywhere near the snaps he saw last week. ADG did draw a holding flag defending a kickoff return as well.

User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 7119
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1323 times
Been thanked: 3359 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:20 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:06 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:48 pm
CornCobPipes wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:42 pm
Maybe I've missed but haven't seen ADG on any action of regular down play series?
He had 1 solo tackle.
I don't know if it was scheme or someone coming back from an injury, but he didn't see anywhere near the snaps he saw last week. ADG did draw a holding flag defending a kickoff return as well.
Maybe that was his tackle? 😁

User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 2997
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 2909 times
Been thanked: 1466 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:39 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:06 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:48 pm
CornCobPipes wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:42 pm
Maybe I've missed but haven't seen ADG on any action of regular down play series?
He had 1 solo tackle.
I don't know if it was scheme or someone coming back from an injury, but he didn't see anywhere near the snaps he saw last week. ADG did draw a holding flag defending a kickoff return as well.
Scheme.
The Appalachian State

MrCraig
Posts: 698
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:27 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 513 times
Been thanked: 581 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:35 am

Nice to see Sam Martin still doing his thing. I was in school during his App playing days. It seemed like at least once every game or so he boomed a punt that was literally awe-inspiring. He had a few really good ones yesterday. Unfortunately, if your punter is really showing off, it means your team ain't doing so hot.

bigdaddyg
Posts: 5517
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 2337 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:36 am

Sam has made right at $18m for his 10 year career and has 650 punts. That comes out to just under $28k per punt. Not a bad gig. He has to be in the top 5 all time App pro football earnings.

BambooRdApp
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 897 times
Been thanked: 1592 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:57 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:36 am
Sam has made right at $18m for his 10 year career and has 650 punts. That comes out to just under $28k per punt. Not a bad gig. He has to be in the top 5 all time App pro football earnings.
He needs to join Yosef Club if he is not a member 😂😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!

311neers
Posts: 679
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 413 times
Been thanked: 205 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by 311neers » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:21 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:35 am
Nice to see Sam Martin still doing his thing. I was in school during his App playing days. It seemed like at least once every game or so he boomed a punt that was literally awe-inspiring. He had a few really good ones yesterday. Unfortunately, if your punter is really showing off, it means your team ain't doing so hot.
My wife got me a Sam Martin autographed Broncos ball (he was with Broncos last year) for my 30th thru a a cousin of his. Only problem was that it was a Broncos Superbowl ball he signed from 2015.....

I told her, "send it back, go thers!"

Mjohn1988
Posts: 1457
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 1086 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:23 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:57 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:36 am
Sam has made right at $18m for his 10 year career and has 650 punts. That comes out to just under $28k per punt. Not a bad gig. He has to be in the top 5 all time App pro football earnings.
He needs to join Yosef Club if he is not a member 😂😂
If he goes big with a donation it could be the first time any part of a football facility has been named after a punter.

mike87
Posts: 998
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:55 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 859 times
Been thanked: 819 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:29 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:23 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:57 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:36 am
Sam has made right at $18m for his 10 year career and has 650 punts. That comes out to just under $28k per punt. Not a bad gig. He has to be in the top 5 all time App pro football earnings.
He needs to join Yosef Club if he is not a member 😂😂
If he goes big with a donation it could be the first time any part of a football facility has been named after a punter.
The 4th and 20 practice facility.

WASU 93
Posts: 1209
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 650 times
Been thanked: 786 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:12 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:36 am
Sam has made right at $18m for his 10 year career and has 650 punts. That comes out to just under $28k per punt. Not a bad gig. He has to be in the top 5 all time App pro football earnings.
Don't forget his place holding duties....The NFL needs to create a new stat: FG%/XP% by placeholder
The Stink's Tyler Bass was 27 of 31 on FG's and 48 of 50 on XP's
Last year, Brandon McManus was 26 of 31 on FG's and 33 of 34 on XP's for the Broncos

Cro-Magnon App
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:25 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Western South Carolina
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 307 times

Re: Martin vs ADG

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:37 pm

Maybe the Dallas kicker needs a new holder. 🤪

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”