Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Scummy scalpers

T-Dog

Scummy scalpers

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:32 am

This FB page with almost 2,000 members is run by a scalper company that buys up season tickets and parking passes and flip them for profit. It's not App fans, it's not locals, it's pure scum.

EastHallApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Scummy scalpers

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:45 am

I'm not sure that's what's going on with tickets being available for a road game. I'm sure there are actual UNC season ticket holders who are happy to sell their tix to this one for a profit (none of the ones shown are in the App sections).

That said, I truly loathe full-time flippers/scalpers. Whether it's tickets, sneakers, sports cards, whatever. If you are a fan who has an extra ticket or a game you can't make and want to get what you can, fine. But the people using bots to buy up stuff before any regular people have a shot and then sell it back at a huge markup are truly pathetic.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:53 am

As said above, it looks like those resells are mostly Carolina as those aren’t App assigned sections. As to the second comment in the OP regarding BooneBeard. I get the frustration but are they buying widespread season tickets at a pace to prevent others? My understanding is that they cut deep into the waiting list this year. $400 for a parking pass is insane to pay but if you can get it, why not ask? The easiest way to stop these guys is to not buy from them. But people will.

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:02 pm

This is who I alluded to in the tickets thread a few days ago. Tony runs Tennessee Tickets Unlimited. Another guy who runs KAF Tickets is in it with him (Ethan Kirk is his name). Don’t ever sell your tickets to these guys unless it’s absolutely necessary the week before or something. They will just flip them against other App fans. They have a rule in the group that any comment against the price of a ticket will result in immediate removal from the group lol.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:00 pm

I also loathe full time scalpers; scalpers only, that don't even go to the games. I don't really have a problem with a season ticket holder fan who goes to games taking advantage of an opportunity....I know of people who went to the UNC game last year at KBS but sold extras and the profit financed their entire season ticket cost. Went for free last year.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:09 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:02 pm
This is who I alluded to in the tickets thread a few days ago. Tony runs Tennessee Tickets Unlimited. Another guy who runs KAF Tickets is in it with him (Ethan Kirk is his name). Don’t ever sell your tickets to these guys unless it’s absolutely necessary the week before or something. They will just flip them against other App fans. They have a rule in the group that any comment against the price of a ticket will result in immediate removal from the group lol.
So are they buying season tickets through their entity or are people buying and selling to them?

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:34 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:09 pm
ASUFan4863 wrote:
So are they buying season tickets through their entity or are people buying and selling to them?
Both I think. Which left me in a conundrum of well “they are at least donating to the YC if they get season tickets” through their entity. I know that if anyone posts tickets for sale close to face value, then they quickly dm them to buy them so they can resell. I assume they get season tickets because I remember some listings before single game tickets went on sale.

If they don’t get season tickets and are just selling what they buy from someone else without YC donations, then they can kiss my rear end.

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:46 pm

Same people last year got banned from the App state family ticket FB page trying to do the same thing.

PoplarHillApp

Unread post by PoplarHillApp » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:52 pm

If anyone doesn't want to sell to a scalper and not looking to make a buck, I'm always looking for one or two tickets for a game. Alumni and live close to stadium. Too old to get smashed and act like an ass at games, so behavior isn't an issue. I'm family friendly - LOL

Looking for two for UNC and ECU. Single ticket for all others.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:54 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:34 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:09 pm
ASUFan4863 wrote:
Both I think. Which left me in a conundrum of well “they are at least donating to the YC if they get season tickets” through their entity. I know that if anyone posts tickets for sale close to face value, then they quickly dm them to buy them so they can resell. I assume they get season tickets because I remember some listings before single game tickets went on sale.

If they don’t get season tickets and are just selling what they buy from someone else without YC donations, then they can kiss my rear end.
I always tell people to ask for a screenshot of the tickets from the App. I also would recommend to anyone wishing to buy tickets to check that persons social media profile for App related pictures. You can also ask them when they graduated and check it against the Alumni office. I realize that is a lot of hoops to go through but I don’t like people getting ripped off.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:19 pm

PoplarHillApp wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:52 pm
If anyone doesn't want to sell to a scalper and not looking to make a buck, I'm always looking for one or two tickets for a game. Alumni and live close to stadium. Too old to get smashed and act like an ass at games, so behavior isn't an issue. I'm family friendly - LOL

Looking for two for UNC and ECU. Single ticket for all others.
Poplar Hill's a good guy and won't cause you any problems! I'm sure I'll have a few single game tickets for you this year if you're interested. Doubt I have 2 for ECU though and can't make UNC this year.

asumba95

Unread post by asumba95 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:24 pm

yup, it sucks but when demand > supply, well economics 101 takes over

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:22 pm

asumba95 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:24 pm
yup, it sucks but when demand > supply, well economics 101 takes over
Problem is that scalpers artificially manipulate supply by buying up tickets (especially the best seats) and other products in bulk before consumers get a chance. Using bots to clear out websites in seconds, bribing delivery drivers or stock workers to give them a heads up when new products are arriving.

If the only people buying tickets to events were people who actually wanted to attend, the equation would be different.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Ticket Exchange”