Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App vs Unc tickets

YesAppCan
School: Appalachian State

Re: App vs Unc tickets

Unread post by YesAppCan » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:27 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:08 pm
What's a fair price to ask for a UNC-CH Game parking pass in River Street Deck. Asking for a friend. ;)
I'm not selling but I do think it would be fair to seller to recoup face value-$150- PLUS cost of required Yosef donation for the seat location (divided by the 7 games). For example: a seller has 2 tickets for sale in section 204, that section requires a $400 per seat minimum donation to Yosef Club... So divide the $800 required donation for the 2 seats by 7 (7 games)= $114.28 + $300 (2 tix at 150 each).... Total : $413.28 for the 2 tickets which equals $206.64 per ticket.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:28 am

I recall the first ACC tournament I attended. Was living in Charlotte in the mid to late 80's. A coworker got 2 sweet seats for any day. He asked me to go and asked what day should we take. I said the championship- it was Duke v UNC during the Laettner days. Good game. Well as we were making our way to the coliseum my buddy suggested that we scalp the tickets, go eat a nice steak and drink some beers, figuring we could get great money for the tickets. I had never been to any tournaments so I really wanted to experience it. Let me tell you there were people everywhere trying to unload tickets. We would have been lucky to get face value. I realize that means nothing as it compares to this game but I think if I did already have a ticket I'd rather go watch and experience it live over making a couple hundred bucks off of my App brethren.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:57 am

YesAppCan wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:27 am
Appstate88 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:08 pm
What's a fair price to ask for a UNC-CH Game parking pass in River Street Deck. Asking for a friend. ;)
I'm not selling but I do think it would be fair to seller to recoup face value-$150- PLUS cost of required Yosef donation for the seat location (divided by the 7 games). For example: a seller has 2 tickets for sale in section 204, that section requires a $400 per seat minimum donation to Yosef Club... So divide the $800 required donation for the 2 seats by 7 (7 games)= $114.28 + $300 (2 tix at 150 each).... Total : $413.28 for the 2 tickets which equals $206.64 per ticket.
Thanks YesAppCan for the ticket breakdown. What's your formula for determining a fair price for a parking pass in a particular lot like River Street parking deck or Greenwood?
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:30 pm

I suppose I'd go with same formula. Rivers Street Deck ROOF is minimum $900 donation, INSIDE DECK is $650 minimum... Divide which ever one you're in by 7 (games)... $128 (rounded down) if you're on the roof, $92 (rounded down) if inside deck. If you've given more than minimums to park there, I suppose you could divide that number by 7 (games) to get a fair price. Just my 2 cents.

*EDIT... If your'e selling both tickets and Rivers St. parking to same person, I guess finding a happy medium between the two.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:38 pm

YesAppCan wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:30 pm
I suppose I'd go with same formula. Rivers Street Deck ROOF is minimum $900 donation, INSIDE DECK is $650 minimum... Divide which ever one you're in by 7 (games)... $128 (rounded down) if you're on the roof, $92 (rounded down) if inside deck. If you've given more than minimums to park there, I suppose you could divide that number by 7 (games) to get a fair price. Just my 2 cents.

*EDIT... If your'e selling both tickets and Rivers St. parking to same person, I guess finding a happy medium between the two.
Great breakdowns yesappcan

Salisburyskier

Unread post by Salisburyskier » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:16 pm

So it's ok to ask $128 for a parking pass when most lots around town are asking $40, but I am the worst App Fan ever for asking $300 for a ticket that is bringing $400+ online? Makes perfect sense right?
IMO the pass is worth what someone will pay for it. Hope you are able to sell it. GO APP!

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:23 pm

Salisburyskier wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:16 pm
So it's ok to ask $128 for a parking pass when most lots around town are asking $40, but I am the worst App Fan ever for asking $300 for a ticket that is bringing $400+ online? Makes perfect sense right?
IMO the pass is worth what someone will pay for it. Hope you are able to sell it. GO APP!
I’m curious, are you a big Rams club booster? From what I understand these tickets went fast and if they are indeed your tickets you must give a lot of $$$ to UNC.

I know I don’t speak for everyone, but yes if you give another instate school (especially the one that uses all of its economic and political influence to keep App “in its place”) several thousand dollars a year then you are a terrible App fan.

If these are just someone else’s tickets then ignore.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:48 pm

Salisburyskier wrote:
It's your choice if you choose to price gouge other ASU alumni and fans, that's how supply and demand work. You had supply and there's overwhelming demand, good for you.

My wife just dropped off a couple hundred ozs of frozen breast milk at a shelter and wouldn't accept their donation reimbursement. She also could have sold it on facebook and made a couple dollars an oz. She deemed that a mom in need getting it as cheap as possible was more important than making a few hundred dollars that wouldn't change our lives in any way. People handle supply and demand differently.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:58 pm

ASU2012 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:48 pm
Salisburyskier wrote:
It's your choice if you choose to price gouge other ASU alumni and fans, that's how supply and demand work. You had supply and there's overwhelming demand, good for you.

My wife just dropped off a couple hundred ozs of frozen breast milk at a shelter and wouldn't accept their donation reimbursement. She also could have sold it on facebook and made a couple dollars an oz. She deemed that a mom in need getting it as cheap as possible was more important than making a few hundred dollars that wouldn't change our lives in any way. People handle supply and demand differently.
Frozen Breast Milk to feed babies versus tickets to a sporting event. Interesting comparisons to make your point.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:13 pm

This is subjective for everyone and relative to the value the buyer and seller places on the event. I attended Game 7 of the Stanley Finals when the Canes won the Cup, and no amount of money could ever give me that experience, the single greatest sports experience I've ever had......But what if I had been offered 10k, 100K, 1 million, 10 million? IDK..I was never in that position...at some point there's a line where almost everyone would sell, where they'll say it's too much to turn down. And there's another point where sellers will go up to and beyond that they will say it's not worth it. While I couldn't imagine selling the Canes ticket, I also doubt I would have paid 10K for above mentioned Canes game. This is for everything....what's it worth to you?....I'd NEVER pay $200 for any bluejeans; but I do have a backpacking tent I paid $530 for. What is something worth? What someone else will pay for it. Diamonds vs water; depends on a lot of circumstances. "Money doesn't talk, it swears"

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:24 pm

I was offered $1500 on the way to entrance for UNC/Dook back in the Carter/Jamison days.. It was my first rUNC/Dook game.....I thought about it for a minute or two...then decided...I am good.

Who knows..maybe if it was $10K, that would have been my breaking point. I was 2 years removed from App. St
with quite a bit of student loan debt at the time. With that said, upon leaving the game.. memory of a life time
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:57 pm

I often watch a pro sports event and see numerous empty seats in the high dollar sections and wonder if those seats are on a ticket site for a ridiculous amount that nobody paid and they went unused? Or is the owner so wealthy that they just didn't go and didn't sell or even give them away? Noticed that on a Yankees game the other night and I've absolutely seen Panthers games with the same. Begs the question for the people asking $400+ per ticket. Are you gonna go if it gets down to 10:00 game day?

I totally agree with supply and demand as well what the market bares. I've never been a collector and struggle with the notion of paying huge money for a human being's autograph or even a baseball card. It's all in what a person deems as valuable I guess.

I got 4 sweet seats to a big college basketball game several years ago. For kicks I looked up the comparable tickets on stub hub and it said going for as much as $1,200 (might have been for 4). At any rate like the guy above I wanted to go, take the family and enjoy. We did. Guess I could have put out some effort and sold them and maybe paid a bill but that money would have been gone with zero enjoyment of the day.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:36 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:57 pm
I often watch a pro sports event and see numerous empty seats in the high dollar sections and wonder if those seats are on a ticket site for a ridiculous amount that nobody paid and they went unused? Or is the owner so wealthy that they just didn't go and didn't sell or even give them away? Noticed that on a Yankees game the other night and I've absolutely seen Panthers games with the same. Begs the question for the people asking $400+ per ticket. Are you gonna go if it gets down to 10:00 game day?

I totally agree with supply and demand as well what the market bares. I've never been a collector and struggle with the notion of paying huge money for a human being's autograph or even a baseball card. It's all in what a person deems as valuable I guess.

I got 4 sweet seats to a big college basketball game several years ago. For kicks I looked up the comparable tickets on stub hub and it said going for as much as $1,200 (might have been for 4). At any rate like the guy above I wanted to go, take the family and enjoy. We did. Guess I could have put out some effort and sold them and maybe paid a bill but that money would have been gone with zero enjoyment of the day.
There is also the third option, if they are club seats. The individuals are drinking and socializing from the temperature controlled club and don't venture out to their seats. I think this happens a lot. Look at the club seats for the Panthers at the beginning or most third quarters.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:10 am

I have turned down free tickets to Duke and UNCCH basketball. You will however, find me in Boone every chance I get. As to the secondary price of tickets, opinions are all over the place, I'm for letting the buyer decide what they are worth, or not worth.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:13 am

Stonewall wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:10 am
I have turned down free tickets to Duke and UNCCH basketball. You will however, find me in Boone every chance I get.
It seems we are dealing with a man with a certain taste and style. A taste and style that I personally appreciate.
Last edited by McLeansvilleAppFan on Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:09 pm

FB_IMG_1660928815504.jpg
Can they really guarantee UNC tickets if all 20K want to attend? Realize low likelihood..
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:30 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:09 pm
FB_IMG_1660928815504.jpg
I guess only SYC members are guaranteed tickets. Those who don't join will enter lottery. So, your what if would require all students joining SYC which is even more unlikely. But it would sure be interesting if 10K+ students join.
WE ARE YOSEF!

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:32 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:09 pm
FB_IMG_1660928815504.jpg
Student Yosef members get a ticket to UNC. The rest are put in a lottery until all the remaining student tickets are gone.

There are currently around 3,400 SYC members.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Ticket Exchange”