Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Parking Pass for 2022-2023 Season

coachprouty
School: Appalachian State

Parking Pass for 2022-2023 Season

Unread post by coachprouty » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:06 am

I am looking to buy a parking pass from someone for the 2022-2023 Season. I upped my yearly Yoself Club by $250 but it was not enough to get me access to parking.
App. Alum '10 '22
Section 207

AppSt94

Re: Parking Pass for 2022-2023 Season

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:35 am

coachprouty wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:06 am
I am looking to buy a parking pass from someone for the 2022-2023 Season. I upped my yearly Yoself Club by $250 but it was not enough to get me access to parking.
If you and anyone else on here is a multiple year season ticket holder, I feel that you are justified to want to know why you didn’t get parking. I got parking and I know that I plan to ask what the deal is and what’s the plan going forward. I don’t understand why you would allow yourself to commit to more season ticket account holders than you have parking spots. I’m sure there is a reason but would like to know.

KentHogan

Unread post by KentHogan » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:47 am

Yes, found out today that I didn't get parking either. Apparently there are 500 people that didn't get parking. I would imagine that all the season tickets being sold had something to do with it. Fortunately, I should be able to ride in with a friend, but it is frustrating. On the other hand, I'm glad the program continues to grow.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:24 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:35 am
coachprouty wrote:
If you and anyone else on here is a multiple year season ticket holder, I feel that you are justified to want to know why you didn’t get parking. I got parking and I know that I plan to ask what the deal is and what’s the plan going forward. I don’t understand why you would allow yourself to commit to more season ticket account holders than you have parking spots. I’m sure there is a reason but would like to know.
I assume they are committing to the seat count for KBS (minus students and comped tickets and single game set asides) which is larger than the parking count that can be used for parking on game days. And it goes back to money as almost all things in DI athletics does. Now should they do this, I am not sure. I guess my question is how many parking spots are available. I think my daughter mentioned she did not get parking this year again and they added me on to their season ticket count. We may be spending Friday night near Boone so we can get up bright and early for a parking spot come Saturday morning for the opening game of the season.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:38 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:24 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
coachprouty wrote:
I assume they are committing to the seat count for KBS (minus students and comped tickets and single game set asides) which is larger than the parking count that can be used for parking on game days. And it goes back to money as almost all things in DI athletics does. Now should they do this, I am not sure. I guess my question is how many parking spots are available. I think my daughter mentioned she did not get parking this year again and they added me on to their season ticket count. We may be spending Friday night near Boone so we can get up bright and early for a parking spot come Saturday morning for the opening game of the season.
It’s pretty simple to me. If you have 3000 parking spots, then you can have 3000 season ticket holder accounts. If everyone buys 4 tickets on average, then you have 120000 season tickets sold.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:38 pm

This was the email from this morning from those who didn't get parking. I'm not mad as I just got season tickets against starting this year after a few years off and I contributed the minimum to get the tickets. But I imagine some of the other 500 account holders are.

Yosef Club Member,

Excitement continues to grow and we have seen a record number of Yosef Club members, and 2022 football season ticket holders. Thank you for supporting our student-athletes and helping provide a world class experience, opportunities and education.

We have completed our 2022 Football parking allocation for the upcoming season. Unfortunately, we were not able to provide your account a 2022 football season parking permit.

Unfortunately, over 500 accounts will not receive a season parking pass. Parking space continues to be a challenge, but some relief is coming in the near future.

Please know your gift is deeply appreciated and is supporting our greatest need, our student-athletes.

From a loyalty standpoint, our policy is to place folks back into their lot/stall if they meet the Yosef Club minimum set for 2022.

Below are some items to be aware of as we navigate construction but also look toward 2023 and beyond:

• 48 stalls are off-line for the 2022 season due to Bowie/Eggers demolition.
    100+ stalls will be back online for 2023 once the Bowie/Eggers area (Mountaineer Lot) is paved and ready for use.
    The construction of a new parking deck in the next 2-3 years in the Holmes Lot area.
    50+ stalls will be added to the Softball Lot area when our Indoor Practice Facility is complete

Thanks for your support and patience as we navigate construction. We are continually thankful for your support. If you have any questions, please contact our office. Go App!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:01 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:38 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
coachprouty wrote:
It’s pretty simple to me. If you have 3000 parking spots, then you can have 3000 season ticket holder accounts. If everyone buys 4 tickets on average, then you have 120000 season tickets sold.
This is why I was so mad when they raised the price so high on a family. A Mom, Dad and 4 children need 1 parking pass....they killed this group. But one person with one seat now qualifies for a parking pass that we don't have. The "old guard" buying 2 tickets had very little go up on them....They didn't even lose their sweet parking spot. Just piss poor planning and I have lost a lot of respect for the decision makers.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:17 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
coachprouty wrote:
That is logical and makes sense, but there are some that only purchase one ticket. That is what I would likely do if my daughter and SIL did not get season tickets and I decide and can afford to continue with season tickets in future years. And they may back away from season tickets themselves when they have kids, either due to time constraints or financial reasons.

Maybe single ticket holders just don't get a parking pass unless they can combine accounts and a few people go in on one parking space. This could also encourage car pooling which is the best thing for the environment. Then again I wish every game time was set in a manner to allow at least the Mountaineer Express East-West route (The North South route is not as active it seems) to be usable before and after the game and have App do something to offer a free ride to encourage less fossil fuel consumption getting to and back from Boone. It would take some computer programing to add a feature such as this, but it seems doable from a database standpoint of combining accounts.

LoyaltoAPP

Unread post by LoyaltoAPP » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:23 pm

I am part of the Parking 500. We increased our Yosef Club donation to ensure that we stay in the same parking lot (Holmes). And, we committed to an increase for each of the next 3 years. We received the parking email today. No parking at all for us. Just a "sorry."
Loyal to APP 8-)

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:29 pm

LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:23 pm
I am part of the Parking 500. We increased our Yosef Club donation to ensure that we stay in the same parking lot (Holmes). And, we committed to an increase for each of the next 3 years. We received the parking email today. No parking at all for us. Just a "sorry."
For tax purposes is the donation tax-deductible or is this nothing more than paying for a parking space. One is getting something of value and the value seems to be the cost of the money given so it is not really a donation it would seem. Maybe instead of a "Sorry" there is an option to revoke the donation (or not if one feels that willing to give) if a parking pass is not forthcoming.

The AD will lose some money now but may gain some loyalty for use down the road. Some may be turned off by this enough to step away.

LoyaltoAPP

Unread post by LoyaltoAPP » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:43 pm

Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:29 pm
LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:23 pm
For tax purposes is the donation tax-deductible or is this nothing more than paying for a parking space. One is getting something of value and the value seems to be the cost of the money given so it is not really a donation it would seem. Maybe instead of a "Sorry" there is an option to revoke the donation (or not if one feels that willing to give) if a parking pass is not forthcoming.

The AD will lose some money now but may gain some loyalty for use down the road. Some may be turned off by this enough to step away.
Whatever letter we get at the end of the year telling us our deductible amount is what we deduct. We want to give to our school athletic booster club. However, it is a gut punch to have been a multi-year donor who received parking in the past, did everything we were told to do to stay in the same lot, and then receive zero access to parking.
Loyal to APP 8-)

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:16 pm

I know they are trying to balance the athletic budget but they have to play this in a manner that does not create ill feelings. It may be true that those giving at this level just love App so much they will give with or without a parking pass, but we are discussing this and I did not start the discussion so somebody in not exactly happy about this.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:11 pm

Just think what benefits you would get at UNC Duke State for the money you donate to our program. Not much. We want to compete at the highest level and are only constrained by finances. I recognize our fan base is economically less fortunate than all the P5’s. I just don’t countenance those who grouse about what it requires to maintain current benefits. I was proactive and called and double and tripled checked what I needed to contribute. Take charge of your stuff.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:17 pm

T-Dog wrote:
This was the email from this morning from those who didn't get parking. I'm not mad as I just got season tickets against starting this year after a few years off and I contributed the minimum to get the tickets. But I imagine some of the other 500 account holders are.

Yosef Club Member,

Excitement continues to grow and we have seen a record number of Yosef Club members, and 2022 football season ticket holders. Thank you for supporting our student-athletes and helping provide a world class experience, opportunities and education.

We have completed our 2022 Football parking allocation for the upcoming season. Unfortunately, we were not able to provide your account a 2022 football season parking permit.

Unfortunately, over 500 accounts will not receive a season parking pass. Parking space continues to be a challenge, but some relief is coming in the near future.

Please know your gift is deeply appreciated and is supporting our greatest need, our student-athletes.

From a loyalty standpoint, our policy is to place folks back into their lot/stall if they meet the Yosef Club minimum set for 2022.

Below are some items to be aware of as we navigate construction but also look toward 2023 and beyond:

• 48 stalls are off-line for the 2022 season due to Bowie/Eggers demolition.
    100+ stalls will be back online for 2023 once the Bowie/Eggers area (Mountaineer Lot) is paved and ready for use.
    The construction of a new parking deck in the next 2-3 years in the Holmes Lot area.
    50+ stalls will be added to the Softball Lot area when our Indoor Practice Facility is complete

Thanks for your support and patience as we navigate construction. We are continually thankful for your support. If you have any questions, please contact our office. Go App!

"50+ stalls will be added to the Softball Lot area when our Indoor Practice Facility is complete"

What does this mean?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:20 pm

50 places to park your horse

LoyaltoAPP

Unread post by LoyaltoAPP » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:32 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:11 pm
Just think what benefits you would get at UNC Duke State for the money you donate to our program. Not much. We want to compete at the highest level and are only constrained by finances. I recognize our fan base is economically less fortunate than all the P5’s. I just don’t countenance those who grouse about what it requires to maintain current benefits. I was proactive and called and double and tripled checked what I needed to contribute. Take charge of your stuff.
Back it up. I did call. Double and triple checked. Two separate staff made notes in my file. "You'll be fine," is what I was told. I am #1500ish and know my priority points.

Also, I am a member of the Rams Club and know EXACTLY what they deliver for my contribution. And they do it. And don't give me crap about belonging to the Rams Club.

I am all over "my stuff."
Loyal to APP 8-)

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:19 pm

LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:32 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Back it up. I did call. Double and triple checked. Two separate staff made notes in my file. "You'll be fine," is what I was told. I am #1500ish and know my priority points.

Also, I am a member of the Rams Club and know EXACTLY what they deliver for my contribution. And they do it. And don't give me crap about belonging to the Rams Club.

I gotta ask, “Is your team opening game in September, or is your team coming off an FCS warmup?”

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:47 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:20 pm
50 places to park your horse
Seriously 50 new spaces when the indoor practice facility is complete????? Indoor practice facility and softball and the gravel area up there where are 50 more spaces going??? What indoor practice facility project???

LoyaltoAPP

Unread post by LoyaltoAPP » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:07 pm

Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:19 pm
LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:32 pm
Rekdiver wrote:

I gotta ask, “Is your team opening game in September, or is your team coming off an FCS warmup?”
Aren't you clever.
Loyal to APP 8-)

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:46 pm

“Loyal to App” is a member of the Rams Club, get your troll account out of here before Demetrius Taylor blind sides you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Ticket Exchange”