Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Parking Pass for 2022-2023 Season

spacemonkey
School: Appalachian State

Re: Parking Pass for 2022-2023 Season

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:34 am

LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:52 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:34 am
Ya know...I get that people hate seeing "dual" loyalties, but why is it necessary to have the knee jerk reactions to the post by Loyaltoapp? Maybe it's a situation where one spouse attended App and the other attended UNC....or a kid..or something else. I get asking the initial question but no reason to pile on here. I know....it's UNC though.
I live in the Chapel Hill area. Our now 17 yo daughter has grown up attending the UNC Women's Soccer matches. I am heavily involved in the program. She and her friends want to watch future national team stars in person. And before anyone asks - yes, I send money to the App State women's soccer program too. Since my husband played DI soccer at Appalachian we would still be giving support to men's soccer. We are still mourning the demise of this program.

In addition to exposing her to UNC soccer - I have exposed our daughter to our most precious allegiance. She attends App State football games. Both of her parents graduated from Appalachian. Her grandparents graduated from Appalachian. She is applying to college this fall. She is applying to one school. One. She made her mind up about this years ago. Her grades and ACT score make her competitive in the top 10% of students for all schools. But, she is applying to one school - Appalachian State. One. Just like I did. No back ups. No "let's see if I can make it into Vanderbilt or NYU just for fun." Why bother when there is only one place she wants to go?

While I am laying it all out there...I am a faculty member at another UNC institution, UNCW. I earned my Masters from this institution. I give what I can to support this academic program. I support students.

I am also the Chair of another University's Foundation board. I serve on this board because I believe in helping underserved youth attend an affordable, accessible, quality institution in rural NC. I believe in the power of the HBCU. So, add Elizabeth City State University to my list of supported institutions.

I want to be clear with my fellow Appalachian alumni on this board - my loyalty is first and foremost to Appalachian State.

So, have at me if you wish. I remain LoyaltoApp and I am Kimrey Rhinehardt.

My social handles are @kimreythinks
Run for President...You have my vote.

Appst86

Unread post by Appst86 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:40 am

Appears she is running for the Senate.

https://kimreyfornc.com/

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:45 am

LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
Ya know...I get that people hate seeing "dual" loyalties, but why is it necessary to have the knee jerk reactions to the post by Loyaltoapp? Maybe it's a situation where one spouse attended App and the other attended UNC....or a kid..or something else. I get asking the initial question but no reason to pile on here. I know....it's UNC though.
I live in the Chapel Hill area. Our now 17 yo daughter has grown up attending the UNC Women's Soccer matches. I am heavily involved in the program. She and her friends want to watch future national team stars in person. And before anyone asks - yes, I send money to the App State women's soccer program too. Since my husband played DI soccer at Appalachian we would still be giving support to men's soccer. We are still mourning the demise of this program.

In addition to exposing her to UNC soccer - I have exposed our daughter to our most precious allegiance. She attends App State football games. Both of her parents graduated from Appalachian. Her grandparents graduated from Appalachian. She is applying to college this fall. She is applying to one school. One. She made her mind up about this years ago. Her grades and ACT score make her competitive in the top 10% of students for all schools. But, she is applying to one school - Appalachian State. One. Just like I did. No back ups. No "let's see if I can make it into Vanderbilt or NYU just for fun." Why bother when there is only one place she wants to go?

While I am laying it all out there...I am a faculty member at another UNC institution, UNCW. I earned my Masters from this institution. I give what I can to support this academic program. I support students.

I am also the Chair of another University's Foundation board. I serve on this board because I believe in helping underserved youth attend an affordable, accessible, quality institution in rural NC. I believe in the power of the HBCU. So, add Elizabeth City State University to my list of supported institutions.

I want to be clear with my fellow Appalachian alumni on this board - my loyalty is first and foremost to Appalachian State.

You really shouldn't have to explain, but thank you for the reply. I had a roommate who played on the soccer team and another who was a grad assistant. I've mourned the demise of the program since they ended it. I truly hope we can find a way to bring it back. With the addition of Marshall (national champs), UCF, Kentucky, etc.....it would be an amazing conference schedule! But, I digress.

Welcome to the board!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:47 am

hapapp wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:09 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:56 am
I know plenty of people with a drivers license that can’t drive.

App has been treated as a step child by the powers that be for decades.

My position is grounded in time after time programs and funding have been blocked by that other school and their loyalists appointed to boards and government officials.

I’m sure she’s a fine person, but this fact pattern is absolute.
I'm no fan of UNC and no doubt they have stymied App's efforts to add programs and the like. Yet, I doubt you would take kindly to someone telling you how you should spend your money. It's not a good look.
If I claimed to be for one cause above others and someone pointed out a flaw in my giving I’d be fine with that.

Giving to UNCCH when App is your first priority is not a good look, that position should be clear especially to those here on this board.

That fact I need to defend this position here is ludicrous.

I’m surprised by some defending that position honestly.

coachprouty

Unread post by coachprouty » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:58 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:47 am
hapapp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

My position is grounded in time after time programs and funding have been blocked by that other school and their loyalists appointed to boards and government officials.

I'm no fan of UNC and no doubt they have stymied App's efforts to add programs and the like. Yet, I doubt you would take kindly to someone telling you how you should spend your money. It's not a good look.
If I claimed to be for one cause above others and someone pointed out a flaw in my giving I’d be fine with that.

Giving to UNCCH when App is your first priority is not a good look, that position should be clear especially to those here on this board.

I think it would benefit you to take in the context and think about it rather than simply stating it like you are...
App. Alum '10 '22
Section 207

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:17 pm

KentHogan wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:47 am
Yes, found out today that I didn't get parking either. Apparently there are 500 people that didn't get parking. I would imagine that all the season tickets being sold had something to do with it. Fortunately, I should be able to ride in with a friend, but it is frustrating. On the other hand, I'm glad the program continues to grow.
It's not 500 people that didn't get a parking pass, it's 500 season ticket holders I have 4 season tickets, so 4 people don't have a parking spot in my group. So yes, I didn't get a parking pass either. I have been a multi-year 4 season ticket holder. In fact, I started with the mini-package when my daughter went to App and upped it to full season tickets more than 7 years ago. We did skip the Covid year, but only because by the time I decided we wouldn't loose the house if we got them, they stopped selling them. We also donate money to the school and maybe that's why we didn't get a pass; we should ONLY donate to the Yosef Club.

I feel they have been very dishonest with regard to why so many of us were bumped out of our spots, while some who didn't even up their donation got better spots. If it was purely money, it would have been nice to know.
I also don't think they handled the notification well either. The email I receive offered a link to call the office, which I did. No one answered and no one has returned my call. That's about par for that group but it just pisses me off more; why offer a number if you have absolutely no plan to answer the phone or return the call. There will be hell to pay if I drive by my lot and see lots of baby blue on September 3, while I search for a spot park. Does anyone know if the game will be televised locally if I can't make it to the game?

Okay, I feel better....I am very happy the Program is doing so well and even though I'm upset about this very clear slight, I love the team and will get over this treatment; however, it will make it all the more difficult to convince my wife to shuck out our precious financial resources on tickets with NO parking. I could see the wheels turning in her head when I broke the news to her.

LoyaltoAPP

Unread post by LoyaltoAPP » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:39 pm

Appst86 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:40 am
Appears she is running for the Senate.

https://kimreyfornc.com/
I tried and failed!
Loyal to APP 8-)

LoyaltoAPP

Unread post by LoyaltoAPP » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:53 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Saint3333 I respect your opinion. One of the great things about debate is that we all get to state our case and people can reason with various points, etc...If my giving is flawed it is my mistake I suppose. I appreciate your keeping the conversation classy. I think we just have to agree to disagree on this one. I bet there are a lot of other things that we DO agree upon. Like...when I walk into Kidd Brewer for a football game somehow I transform from a nice southern girl into an unrecognizable (sometimes foul mouthed) fan to the point that my family wants to sit somewhere else without me. I try to keep it classy. I do. But I cannot help it. I lose my voice for a week. I will do better this season. I will try.
Loyal to APP 8-)

LoyaltoAPP

Unread post by LoyaltoAPP » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:55 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:34 am
LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

Run for President...You have my vote.
Ha ha! I tried to run for Senate and failed! No room for unaffiliated candidates to succeed.
Loyal to APP 8-)

LoyaltoAPP

Unread post by LoyaltoAPP » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:56 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:06 am
LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

I think you may have loyalty to like 10 schools.😂
I am a uncw and app St grad. But I grew a Heels fan as that was family tradition. I am all in in App these days ..but do pull for U-Dub and the Heels if not playing App. My comment above was in jest given the smiley face after the comment.
Your daughter is making the only logical choice one can make. App. St. or not at all. Given App. St. is known as Harvard of the South in some circles, I hope she gets accepted 😂
Hey now! That's our school you're talking about! 🤣
Loyal to APP 8-)

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:05 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Sorry, don't see the issue given the explanation. I try not to tell people how to spend their money, regardless. Frankly, I believe your position is the extreme one in this case.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:09 pm

LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:53 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Saint3333 I respect your opinion. One of the great things about debate is that we all get to state our case and people can reason with various points, etc...If my giving is flawed it is my mistake I suppose. I appreciate your keeping the conversation classy. I think we just have to agree to disagree on this one. I bet there are a lot of other things that we DO agree upon. Like...when I walk into Kidd Brewer for a football game somehow I transform from a nice southern girl into an unrecognizable (sometimes foul mouthed) fan to the point that my family wants to sit somewhere else without me. I try to keep it classy. I do. But I cannot help it. I lose my voice for a week. I will do better this season. I will try.
A sensible and appropriate explanation that should end the sniping. I would proffer that your presence as a faculty member is enough donation to UNC. My daughter is a UNC grad, my son a uK grad. Neither school gets any of my $

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:36 pm

Ah - Saint is just getting ready for football where he will claim with certainty that white is black and black is white
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:28 pm

LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

Thanks for taking time to give some detail. (I give a small amount to Bennett here in Greensboro and they likely do more with way less than any school in the state.)
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:37 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:09 pm
LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:53 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

A sensible and appropriate explanation that should end the sniping. I would proffer that your presence as a faculty member is enough donation to UNC. My daughter is a UNC grad, my son a uK grad. Neither school gets any of my $
I gave a small amount each year my twins were at Meredith and then VCU and for her sister at Davidson. I stopped when they graduated (and both also stated that their alma maters were in good enough financial position that it should not be a concern for me as a parent after they graduated.) I do give a small amount to Bennett in Greensboro. Everything else for higher ed is to Appalachian with a deliberate choice that the academic side always gets at least $1 more than the athletic side every year.

I do give to WFDD so I guess a give a small amount to Wake Forest for the NPR coverage. I did stop giving to WUNC after the most recent academic scandal there.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:36 pm

hapapp wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:05 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Sorry, don't see the issue given the explanation. I try not to tell people how to spend their money, regardless. Frankly, I believe your position is the extreme one in this case.
Sorry you don’t agree with my explanation. There are times for “extreme” positions. If we had more fans that held this view they’d be a lot less baby blue in the stands in September.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:38 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:36 pm
hapapp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Sorry you don’t agree with my explanation. There are times for “extreme” positions. If we had more fans that held this view they’d be a lot less baby blue in the stands in September.
There’s also a time for “extreme” understanding that people have different reasons and motivations for their choices. If you can’t show tolerance, at least be mature enough to show some f*****’ respect.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:10 am

To LoyaltoAPP - Thank you for your service to public education - My wife and I were educators for many years, and thank you for the taking of your time for your explanations although it shouldn't have been necessary. I also applaud you for trying to make a difference in our totally screwed up political scene. It's truly a shame that we have no place for any other political parties. Most everyone I know would be interested in being involved with a moderate party. Again, thank you for all you do for public education and I don't care one miniscule bit who and where you choose to donate YOUR money. Thank you and this world would be a better place with more people like you ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:09 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:38 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:36 pm
hapapp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
hapapp wrote:

There’s also a time for “extreme” understanding that people have different reasons and motivations for their choices. If you can’t show tolerance, at least be mature enough to show some f*****’ respect.
Respect? you mean like having a discussion and providing rep for counterpoints.

Jeez guys, how sensitive have we all become.

coachprouty

Unread post by coachprouty » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:15 am

Anyways....I am actually still looking for a parking pass :)
App. Alum '10 '22
Section 207

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Ticket Exchange”