Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Parking Pass for 2022-2023 Season

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Parking Pass for 2022-2023 Season

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:31 am

LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:07 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:19 pm
LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:32 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:11 pm
Just think what benefits you would get at UNC Duke State for the money you donate to our program. Not much. We want to compete at the highest level and are only constrained by finances. I recognize our fan base is economically less fortunate than all the P5’s. I just don’t countenance those who grouse about what it requires to maintain current benefits. I was proactive and called and double and tripled checked what I needed to contribute. Take charge of your stuff.
Back it up. I did call. Double and triple checked. Two separate staff made notes in my file. "You'll be fine," is what I was told. I am #1500ish and know my priority points.

Also, I am a member of the Rams Club and know EXACTLY what they deliver for my contribution. And they do it. And don't give me crap about belonging to the Rams Club.

I am all over "my stuff."
I gotta ask, “Is your team opening game in September, or is your team coming off an FCS warmup?”
Aren't you clever.
And you did not answer the question.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:17 am

HighlandsApp wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:47 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:20 pm
50 places to park your horse
Seriously 50 new spaces when the indoor practice facility is complete????? Indoor practice facility and softball and the gravel area up there where are 50 more spaces going??? What indoor practice facility project???
Softball is moving to 105. The current indoor practice facility will be removed and repurposed out at 105 and a new one will be built on the current space that is 100 yards long utilizing the space where softball is now. I guess the new configuration will allow for 50 additional spaces.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:41 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:46 pm
“Loyal to App” is a member of the Rams Club, get your troll account out of here before Demetrius Taylor blind sides you.
If the Ram It Club money had come to App then he might have qualified for a parking spot. We all make choices in life…

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:47 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:41 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:46 pm
“Loyal to App” is a member of the Rams Club, get your troll account out of here before Demetrius Taylor blind sides you.
If the Ram It Club money had come to App then he might have qualified for a parking spot. We all make choices in life…
And sometimes bad choices if you are not "giving your all" to App.😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:55 am

Just more of the same poor communication and bad optics. It's what I expect at this point.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:06 am

We are constrained by a strapped budget that required staff cuts. Better to help out than complain

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:34 am

Ya know...I get that people hate seeing "dual" loyalties, but why is it necessary to have the knee jerk reactions to the post by Loyaltoapp? Maybe it's a situation where one spouse attended App and the other attended UNC....or a kid..or something else. I get asking the initial question but no reason to pile on here. I know....it's UNC though.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:09 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:06 am
We are constrained by a strapped budget that required staff cuts. Better to help out than complain
I am not sure if I am reading lots of complaints. Well maybe these are complaints but there are some solutions (good or bad, workable or not) being offered. I don't have a dog in the fight in that I know I don't have the resources to bid on parking and if I did I don't have the resources to not get the parking spot if a donation was made, because now I would be paying for parking off site. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth if there was not an option to ask for the money. That may look bad, but some will take the bad look of asking for money back to get the money back if what seemed to be somewhat guaranteed was not indeed guaranteed based on what some are saying happened on here.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:14 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:17 am
HighlandsApp wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:47 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:20 pm
50 places to park your horse
Seriously 50 new spaces when the indoor practice facility is complete????? Indoor practice facility and softball and the gravel area up there where are 50 more spaces going??? What indoor practice facility project???
Softball is moving to 105. The current indoor practice facility will be removed and repurposed out at 105 and a new one will be built on the current space that is 100 yards long utilizing the space where softball is now. I guess the new configuration will allow for 50 additional spaces.
Thanks. That news isn't out on the university building project website. The 105 plan does call for indoor tennis courts so repurposing the current steel building there makes sense and certainly having a full size indoor practice facility is a must as we don't even have multiple practice fields like every other FBS team.

Does this have a timeline yet or is it just in the quiet fundraising stage?

LoyaltoAPP

Unread post by LoyaltoAPP » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:52 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:34 am
Ya know...I get that people hate seeing "dual" loyalties, but why is it necessary to have the knee jerk reactions to the post by Loyaltoapp? Maybe it's a situation where one spouse attended App and the other attended UNC....or a kid..or something else. I get asking the initial question but no reason to pile on here. I know....it's UNC though.
I live in the Chapel Hill area. Our now 17 yo daughter has grown up attending the UNC Women's Soccer matches. I am heavily involved in the program. She and her friends want to watch future national team stars in person. And before anyone asks - yes, I send money to the App State women's soccer program too. Since my husband played DI soccer at Appalachian we would still be giving support to men's soccer. We are still mourning the demise of this program.

In addition to exposing her to UNC soccer - I have exposed our daughter to our most precious allegiance. She attends App State football games. Both of her parents graduated from Appalachian. Her grandparents graduated from Appalachian. She is applying to college this fall. She is applying to one school. One. She made her mind up about this years ago. Her grades and ACT score make her competitive in the top 10% of students for all schools. But, she is applying to one school - Appalachian State. One. Just like I did. No back ups. No "let's see if I can make it into Vanderbilt or NYU just for fun." Why bother when there is only one place she wants to go?

While I am laying it all out there...I am a faculty member at another UNC institution, UNCW. I earned my Masters from this institution. I give what I can to support this academic program. I support students.

I am also the Chair of another University's Foundation board. I serve on this board because I believe in helping underserved youth attend an affordable, accessible, quality institution in rural NC. I believe in the power of the HBCU. So, add Elizabeth City State University to my list of supported institutions.

I want to be clear with my fellow Appalachian alumni on this board - my loyalty is first and foremost to Appalachian State.

So, have at me if you wish. I remain LoyaltoApp and I am Kimrey Rhinehardt.

My social handles are @kimreythinks
Loyal to APP 8-)

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:00 am

LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:52 am
Yosef84 wrote:
I live in the Chapel Hill area. Our now 17 yo daughter has grown up attending the UNC Women's Soccer matches. I am heavily involved in the program. She and her friends want to watch future national team stars in person. And before anyone asks - yes, I send money to the App State women's soccer program too. Since my husband played DI soccer at Appalachian we would still be giving support to men's soccer. We are still mourning the demise of this program.

In addition to exposing her to UNC soccer - I have exposed our daughter to our most precious allegiance. She attends App State football games. Both of her parents graduated from Appalachian. Her grandparents graduated from Appalachian. She is applying to college this fall. She is applying to one school. One. She made her mind up about this years ago. Her grades and ACT score make her competitive in the top 10% of students for all schools. But, she is applying to one school - Appalachian State. One. Just like I did. No back ups. No "let's see if I can make it into Vanderbilt or NYU just for fun." Why bother when there is only one place she wants to go?

While I am laying it all out there...I am a faculty member at another UNC institution, UNCW. I earned my Masters from this institution. I give what I can to support this academic program. I support students.

I am also the Chair of another University's Foundation board. I serve on this board because I believe in helping underserved youth attend an affordable, accessible, quality institution in rural NC. I believe in the power of the HBCU. So, add Elizabeth City State University to my list of supported institutions.

I want to be clear with my fellow Appalachian alumni on this board - my loyalty is first and foremost to Appalachian State.

I applaud your commitment to higher education in North Carolina. Thank you for all you do.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:04 am

LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

Boom goes the dynamite!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:05 am

LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

Thank you and welcome to this forum , as dysfunctional as it is ....

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:06 am

LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

I think you may have loyalty to like 10 schools.😂
I am a uncw and app St grad. But I grew a Heels fan as that was family tradition. I am all in in App these days ..but do pull for U-Dub and the Heels if not playing App. My comment above was in jest given the smiley face after the comment.
Your daughter is making the only logical choice one can make. App. St. or not at all. Given App. St. is known as Harvard of the South in some circles, I hope she gets accepted 😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

LoyaltoAPP

Unread post by LoyaltoAPP » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:15 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:06 am
LoyaltoAPP wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

I think you may have loyalty to like 10 schools.😂
I am a uncw and app St grad. But I grew a Heels fan as that was family tradition. I am all in in App these days ..but do pull for U-Dub and the Heels if not playing App. My comment above was in jest given the smiley face after the comment.
Your daughter is making the only logical choice one can make. App. St. or not at all. Given App. St. is known as Harvard of the South in some circles, I hope she gets accepted 😂
I assure you that she will attend Appalachian. If you don't make it in the fall there's always the spring. She can attend a community college and then transfer. There is always a way if you want something badly enough. And she does.
Loyal to APP 8-)

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:27 am

You donate to a school that at every chance would and does choose to hold Appalachian programs back.

To put App first is great, to give to a school that doesn’t need funding and hinders App’s progress doesn’t sit well with some.

If that offends you educate yourself on the legislation that has passed the last 50’years.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:34 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:27 am
You donate to a school that at every chance would and does choose to hold Appalachian programs back.

To put App first is great, to give to a school that doesn’t need funding and hinders App’s progress doesn’t sit well with some.

If that offends you educate yourself on the legislation that has passed the last 50’years.
I urge you to Google Kimrey Rhinehardt. I’m quite certain that she is well versed in the state legislation.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:56 am

I know plenty of people with a drivers license that can’t drive.

App has been treated as a step child by the powers that be for decades.

My position is grounded in time after time programs and funding have been blocked by that other school and their loyalists appointed to boards and government officials.

I’m sure she’s a fine person, but this fact pattern is absolute.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:04 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:56 am

My position is grounded in time after time programs and funding have been blocked by that other school and their loyalists appointed to boards and government officials.

Every school that is not the Flagship University of the state can make the same argument. I get your point, just saying that check her qualifications before you assume she isn’t versed.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:09 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:56 am

I'm no fan of UNC and no doubt they have stymied App's efforts to add programs and the like. Yet, I doubt you would take kindly to someone telling you how you should spend your money. It's not a good look.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Ticket Exchange”