Bootsy
School: Appalachian State

Re: JMU vs. APP on ESPN2/U

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:23 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:16 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:21 am
For me JMU is third on that list in conference behind GS and Marshall, younger fans’ list likely looks different.
Agreed. Some fans may not have known the extent of Marshall history until a few years ago. When I was in school in mid 90s, I could not have told you that JMU had a football team and if they were any good

Wikipedia says Old Dominion is JMUs rival, along with William and Mary, Delaware and Richmond...it's wikipedia..it has to be true🤣🤣

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Mad ... s_football
Looks like someone needs to update their Wiki page and replace those old CAA conference foes with SBC teams.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:22 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:58 am
I hate Coastal and JMU more than Marshall and Georgia State, I mean Southern, and I was in school in the 90’s. I feel Marshall and Georgia Southern are more similar to us, so even though we have a imbedded historical rival, I relate to them more and I usually like folks from those schools. Coastal is trash and JMU fans are pretentious punks and I usually don’t like people I meet from either of those schools. I think both are scum. I at least have some respect for Marshall and Georgia Southern, though more for Marshall than Georgia Southern.
All of this is the reason this conference is so perfect for App. 4 legitimate rivals in our division and some decent secondary rivals (Troy, Louisiana, and stAte) in the west. It’s ok for those west rivals to ebb and flow as time goes along.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:10 am

Bootsy wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:23 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
For me JMU is third on that list in conference behind GS and Marshall, younger fans’ list likely looks different.
Agreed. Some fans may not have known the extent of Marshall history until a few years ago. When I was in school in mid 90s, I could not have told you that JMU had a football team and if they were any good

Wikipedia says Old Dominion is JMUs rival, along with William and Mary, Delaware and Richmond...it's wikipedia..it has to be true🤣🤣

Looks like someone needs to update their Wiki page and replace those old CAA conference foes with SBC teams.
When we moved up I suggested and a think a few helped with a scouring of the internet for editable information. I was mostly thinking of Wikipedia. I think that led me to Howard Knob and the edit I made to remove the possessive s in the name to make it confirm to the official USGS name was not easily done, even when I referenced the USGS webpage. I think someone finally added the commonly used Howard's Knob with a note it is of local usage-which is fine with me as it is a correct statement. It was a lot harder than it seemed, but a lot of it depends on whom is watching edits for a particular page it seems.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:49 am

Bootsy wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:23 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Maybe not as it relates to Delaware 🤣

Delaware, James Madison schedule four-game football series beginning in 2027
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”