Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Bowl Eligible!!!!!!! Who do you want to play????

spacemonkey
School: Appalachian State

Bowl Eligible!!!!!!! Who do you want to play????

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:01 pm

I'm heading to a cruise from Tampa on the 18th from Tampa....So UCF or anyone at the Orlando bowl would be nice.

It would nice to get a W over UCF before they get to the big12.

Black Saturday

Re: Bowl Eligible!!!!!!! Who do you want to play????

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:06 pm

Georgia

Not really, don’t have a clue, are we tied by conference obligations or ESPN or what?
BLACK SATURDAY

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:17 pm

https://sunbeltsports.org/news/2021/5/2 ... edule.aspx

current tie-ins aren't great. I would love to see some new negotiations once we add schools.

With conference USA dying and the AAC weakening getting some of theirs for the sunbelt could net us matchups with the ACC, Big12, and SEC.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:22 pm

ULL the first weekend in December.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:56 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:22 pm
I'm with you. We got 4 regular season games and hopefully a rematch with Louisiana. So much can change that it is a waste of time to even worry about. Let's see where it is in 3-4 weeks.

As for the polls, a lot can change there but I will go ahead and put it out there that with all the teams losing we should have 2 ranked SBC teams and App could be in that 25-27 range. Hopefully everyone keeps winning out. It is good for the league.

With that said, again Ark State is next! 1-0!
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:22 am

When did this happen?? I thought New Orleans Bowl had first choice of our champion. Found the below information on CFN's website.

ESPN owned and operated bowls get the first pick of Sun Belt teams, and it gets third and fourth picks. The New Orleans gets the second pick of the bunch, and the LendingTree has the fifth selection.

2. R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl vs. Conference USA
5. LendingTree Bowl vs. MAC

To be determined among the Group of Five conferences. The Sun Belt will get spots in at least three of these bowls …

– Camellia Bowl vs. C-USA or MAC
– Cure Bowl vs. Group of Five or Army
– RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl vs. Group of Five or Army
– Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl vs. Group of Five or Army
– Myrtle Beach Bowl vs. American Athletic or MAC

The Sun Belt has an affiliation to fill-in if needed …

– Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. MAC or Mountain West
– New Mexico Bowl vs. C-USA or Mountain West

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:26 am

New Orleans Bowl will always favor teams from LA where possible. Guarantees more butts in seats.

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:36 am

So no chance to play an ACC school?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:38 am

I’ll think about it after we win 5 more games.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:18 am

Doesn’t this topic pop up every year about this time? Can’t we always automatically eliminate every P5 conference? Can’t we pretty much eliminate the top 4 if not all of the AAC? Can’t we eliminate Liberty or BYU? Same for the MWC?

Who do we want to play is pretty much irrelevant i believe. We have almost reached a point where you can’t just enjoy each game for what it is because of the CFB playoffs that isn’t a reality and the never ending obsession with a single NY6 bowl game. We have 12 and hopefully 13 games that should just be enjoyable but a couple of losses just points to the inevitable- another mid tier end of season game against a 4 loss MAC or CUSA team in Alabama or Myrtle Beach. Yesterday was a fun 30 minutes of football and I personally just want to win one at a time

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:50 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:22 pm
Saint is 100% correct - we win out, then go to LA and win the SunBelt Championship we will accomplish just about every legitimate goal for the season - We will be CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS, we will finish ranked in the TOP 25, and will go to a bowl game - We all know we will go to a lower-tier bowl against a mediocre G5 team but we knew this before the season began ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:00 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:18 am
Doesn’t this topic pop up every year about this time? Can’t we always automatically eliminate every P5 conference? Can’t we pretty much eliminate the top 4 if not all of the AAC? Can’t we eliminate Liberty or BYU? Same for the MWC?

Who do we want to play is pretty much irrelevant i believe. We have almost reached a point where you can’t just enjoy each game for what it is because of the CFB playoffs that isn’t a reality and the never ending obsession with a single NY6 bowl game. We have 12 and hopefully 13 games that should just be enjoyable but a couple of losses just points to the inevitable- another mid tier end of season game against a 4 loss MAC or CUSA team in Alabama or Myrtle Beach. Yesterday was a fun 30 minutes of football and I personally just want to win one at a time
Somehow our fans keep getting confused by this. We either win the conference and head to New Orleans to play FAU or lose it and head to Mobile to play Eastern Michigan or something.
YNWA

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:28 am

ah59396 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:00 am
bigdaddyg wrote:

Somehow our fans keep getting confused by this. We either win the conference and head to New Orleans to play FAU or lose it and head to Mobile to play Eastern Michigan or something.
I think you guys are COMPLETELY wrong. First of all...it is a chat room....feel free not to participate.

The ESPN bowl coalition can get us a decent match up. I see it almost like who would you like to add as one more OOC to end the season. My pick would be UCF. What would your pick be?

P.S. I know the goal is to play and win the SunBelt championship. You guys act like Baptist ministers where only you know what is best for the board to discuss. Get over yourself and don't participate in a conversation that you don't want to.

citroknight
School: UCF

Unread post by citroknight » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:13 pm

appstate5 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:36 am
So no chance to play an ACC school?
There's always a possibility but requires a vacancy to happen. The SB doesn't have any bowl tie ins where the ACC is the opponent. So the only chance is if there's a bowl that's some conference vs the ACC and that one conference doesn't have enough teams to fill that spot. Only then would they look for secondary tie ins or other teams to fill that spot. As long as that conference has enough teams, it's their spot to use.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:23 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:28 am
ah59396 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:00 am
bigdaddyg wrote:

I think you guys are COMPLETELY wrong. First of all...it is a chat room....feel free not to participate.

The ESPN bowl coalition can get us a decent match up. I see it almost like who would you like to add as one more OOC to end the season. My pick would be UCF. What would your pick be?

P.S. I know the goal is to play and win the SunBelt championship. You guys act like Baptist ministers where only you know what is best for the board to discuss. Get over yourself and don't participate in a conversation that you don't want to.
Cry me a river. No one said you can’t discuss it you big baby. Feel free to fill 40 pages with your guesses.

Just don’t get disappointed when we end up in New Orleans or Montgomery.
YNWA

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:57 pm

Yeah, this conversation comes up every year. In its current configuration, the sun belt has bad bowls.

Even last year when things were weird and teams were declining bowl invites we didn’t get a good one. We will be in Alabama or in New Orleans.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:41 pm

For the know-all-smart asses who, though they complain, will still follow this thread, the SBC champ does NOT automatically go to New Orleans anymore and the Alabama bowls are NOT the only bowls tied to the SBC. We may end up in one of those but not necessarily. We could go to the Cure Bowl in Orlando and play an AAC team not named Cincinnati, SMU, or Houston. I would prefer a non-MAC opponent. And the Camelia Bowl is on Christmas day so that would stink. We don't have great options but, for now, it is what it is.
WE ARE YOSEF!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:46 pm

Cure Bowl used to be Non-ESPN I believe, not sure of current status?
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:51 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:46 pm
Cure Bowl used to be Non-ESPN I believe, not sure of current status?
It is now an ESPN Event.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:43 pm

I'd love to be invited to the Belk bowl and play say NC State?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”